Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!

prakopp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

Folks,

I am stuck after the last step. I installed everything and everything went fine. I am stuck in PACMAN logo.
This is even after installing the boot.img and gapps, tried OP's gapps as well as the latest.
This is a HTC One V for Virgin Mobile.
Any idea why am I doing wrong ?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Folks,

I am stuck after the last step. I installed everything and everything went fine. I am stuck in PACMAN logo.
This is even after installing the boot.img and gapps, tried OP's gapps as well as the latest.
This is a HTC One V for Virgin Mobile.
Any idea why am I doing wrong ?

Hmmm. Odd. See, if it was the updated radio, I'd expect you to be experiencing a lot of reboots, not ROM hangs.
A few questions:
1. How did you install the boot.img?
2. What does your bootloader say? Like what version?

prakopp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Edit : I downgraded the Radio from this thread.
[TUT][CDMA]ROM randomly rebooting? Here are some fixes! (BACK IN BUSINESS!!! :D) - xda-developers
Re-unlocked and rooted.
Installed pacman and gapps20121011 but it still hangs on pacman logo screen.

Any idea ?

Now it's behaving different.
I left it as is last night and this morning, it starts with welcome and reboot half way through the process. During welcome it shows AIM with a USB logo.
I did a factory reset which probably deleted data/cache because it still shows PACMAN logo.
Should I restart the steps ? I didn't note the boot log.

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Edit : I downgraded the Radio from this thread.
[TUT][CDMA]ROM randomly rebooting? Here are some fixes! (BACK IN BUSINESS!!! :D) - xda-developers
Re-unlocked and rooted.
Installed pacman and gapps20121011 but it still hangs on pacman logo screen.

Any idea ?

Now it's behaving different.
I left it as is last night and this morning, it starts with welcome and reboot half way through the process. During welcome it shows AIM with a USB logo.
I did a factory reset which probably deleted data/cache because it still shows PACMAN logo.
Should I restart the steps ? I didn't note the boot log.
What boot.IMG did you install? And how are you flashing it?
That welcome screen had the same aim thing with USB logo for me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

prakopp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Finally got it resolved. (In the process installed AOKP and then again this).

1. The loop problem was due to radio version (downgraded and worked, link in previous post)
2. The logo loop hang was due to some wiping issue. I was not doing Wipe-Factory Reset (TWRP recovery).
Doing all (Cache, Dalvik, Factory and System in that order) wipes and reinstalling PACMAN rom and gapps-20121011 worked.

Thanks andrewnelson23 for the help.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Isn't 19.3 awesome?! :) there are a couple 4.2 ROMs available over on xda, but the camera and camcorders don't work on them.

lebooo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
hi, i am trying to use the cm10.1 keyboard with the pacman rom. it installs and normal typing works but gesture typing does not input any words (i can see the swype trail but it won't spell a word). stock 4.2 keyboard works with swyping and everything. am i missing something or is this not possible to do? thanks

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You know, I'm not sure. I ALWAYS use stock 4.2 keyboard cuz its boss. I don't know about the cm10.1 keyboard. Is it cool? I've never tried it.

lebooo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
it's the same as the 4.2 keyboard but has long-press symbols on every letter (which i find very helpful with password entry). i found one post from a gs2 user who said he also couldn't get the gesture typing to work on the same keyboard until he installed the 4.2 gapps. can i install 4.2 gapps on pacman?

biolabs

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

so i have got all the way to the custom rom after I unlocked the boot loader, rooted the phone, and put the custom recovery on it and when i get to the area after choosing recovery where it says
-reboot system now
-install zip from sdcard
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-mounts and storage
-advanced

i cant select an option with the power button it just brings up the background showing a refresh arrow with a top hat and nothing else when i hit the power button again it brings back up the blue choices, stuck and dont know what to do. i would be really grateful if someone could give me advice on what i did wrong or not doing right

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Install TWRP, it is a much better recovery. If you must use CWM, you'll have to scroll all the way to the bottom then press the volume down button again to loop to the top. Then scroll up to loop back to the bottom, then down one more time. You should see a notification at the bottom of the screen, and the power button will be enabled.

biolabs

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

hate to do this to you guys again but i got it where it seemed like it was going to work perfect but it keeps rebooting every 30secs to a min and i dont know what to do any help would be great.

biolabs

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I'll bet you have the newer radio version ending in .928. You'll need to downgrade using the original RUU. Read this thread.

my radio is 1.00.00.0928, i went to the site with all the ruus how do i know what one to use.

UPDATE

found out i have to use 521_2 in the process of downloading and i hope it works once again thanks guys cause im a first timer at rooting a phone.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for everyone taking the time to write out your problems and solutions. I have a Virgin Mobile phone and had to downgrade my radio for it to work. I also found TWRP to work much better and followed prakopp's advice.