Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree13Likes

ROM
    Mirage CM 7.2 (On OV)

Default Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!

Is there another link for the PACman ROM and GAPPS? when I go o the link you provided, and then click 'download', the site it brings me to (GOO.IM) says that it can't find the files... I've got my One V sitting here rooted and ready to go! Any suggestions?

ROM
    Mirage CM 7.2 (On OV)

Default Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

I'm getting the same thing...

Hi-

I've gotten to the step where you get to the fastboot screen and the directions tell you to go to the command prompt to get the big block of numbers. I have followed the instructions on the site up to the part where it says type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" and after that, the cd says "waiting for device" and nothing happens. Do you know what I could have possibly done wrong? Thanks for your help in advance.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnelson23 View Post
    2. Download
    The link to the fast boot files is not valid... it says invalid or deleted.... please check..... thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by viditj View Post
    The link to the fast boot files is not valid... it says invalid or deleted.... please check..... thanks...
    Same here

i'm not sure if this has been answered but when i installed this it got stuck in a boot loop. it boots to the setup screen then crashes and reboots

After running this step
    4. Install a custom rom
    1. download the rom and gapps. MAKE SURE IT'S A CDMA OR PRIMOC ROM. There are a few over at xda. My daily is currently PACman v19.3. I'll walk you through getting this. There are ZERO problems with this ROM. EVERYTHING WORKS Get the latest PACman from from this thread by inyourface09. For gapps(gapps are apps made by google, such as gmail, talk, google services, etc. Highly recommended) here's the gapps. Select the latest one. Put the rom and gapps on your sdcard. After this, unplug phone from computer.
    2.download an appropriate boot.img for it.This is either in the rom and needs to be extracted from it before you flash, or it's a separate one. I used the boot img from simonsimons34 from here. Place the boot.img in that good ole fastboot folder and rename to just 'boot'.
    3. Boot into recovery. If coming from stock, you gotta go to hboot first with the method from above.
    4. BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT OPTIONAL.
    5. Wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe dalvik(from the advanced menu). Go to mounts and storage. wipe the /system partition. Now install zip from sdcard. choose zip. find the pacman rom. install and confirm.
    6. reboot. It should hang in boot logo. Now, hold power button til screen goes black and then hold volume down until it gets into hboot again. Go into fastboot.
    7. plug phone in. it should say fastboot usb or something like that.
    8. open command prompt and cd to the fastboot folder.
    9. Type
    Code:
    My mobile is completely dead and its not working any more, can you suggest me how to get ride of it
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #134  

ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by thej12 View Post
    After running this step
    4. Install a custom rom
    1. download the rom and gapps. MAKE SURE IT'S A CDMA OR PRIMOC ROM. There are a few over at xda. My daily is currently PACman v19.3. I'll walk you through getting this. There are ZERO problems with this ROM. EVERYTHING WORKS Get the latest PACman from from this thread by inyourface09. For gapps(gapps are apps made by google, such as gmail, talk, google services, etc. Highly recommended) here's the gapps. Select the latest one. Put the rom and gapps on your sdcard. After this, unplug phone from computer.
    2.download an appropriate boot.img for it.This is either in the rom and needs to be extracted from it before you flash, or it's a separate one. I used the boot img from simonsimons34 from here. Place the boot.img in that good ole fastboot folder and rename to just 'boot'.
    3. Boot into recovery. If coming from stock, you gotta go to hboot first with the method from above.
    4. BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT OPTIONAL.
    5. Wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe dalvik(from the advanced menu). Go to mounts and storage. wipe the /system partition. Now install zip from sdcard. choose zip. find the pacman rom. install and confirm.
    6. reboot. It should hang in boot logo. Now, hold power button til screen goes black and then hold volume down until it gets into hboot again. Go into fastboot.
    7. plug phone in. it should say fastboot usb or something like that.
    8. open command prompt and cd to the fastboot folder.
    9. Type
    Code:
    My mobile is completely dead and its not working any more, can you suggest me how to get ride of it
    Are you making sure to hold power down and volume down until it gets into hboot?
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.3

I boot into fastboot and when I click on the .bat file it just says waiting for device. my boot loader is in fact unlocked it just wont pic up the phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/CleanROM 1.5
    Kindle Fire HD 7/Rooted/Stock ROM

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.3

Ok I was able to boot into CWM Recovery. The only issue is it is not letting me do anything. Can I download another version of CWM and install over this in fast boot or install TWRP.

Quote Originally Posted by webbie2 View Post
    Ok I was able to boot into CWM Recovery. The only issue is it is not letting me do anything. Can I download another version of CWM and install over this in fast boot or install TWRP.
    you can download ROM manager and update CWM that way.
    Or you can go here. Download which one you desire (.img) and then use fastboot. (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) and it will push the new CWM to your phone
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.3

Wait real quick. Can I push the .zip file? The original file i pushed was a .img file? please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by webbie2 View Post
    Wait real quick. Can I push the .zip file? The original file i pushed was a .img file? please advise.
    no. You need to download the (.img) for fastboot not the (.zip)
    .zips are flashed using your recovery.

when you have debugging enable it allows the phone full communication with the comp using fastboot. You can pull files off or put them on with fastboot.

Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

just wondering.. is the primou version of this pacman rom compatible with htc one v?

EDIT: just read the title of the thread lol oops... i still have problems flashing this rom though....
    Last edited by Eric VanSchagen; 06-22-2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: dumb question

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

The installation went smoothly, and booted, everything works, almost, except, download from google play store > "Unable to download...error retrieving information from server....". I can download from other app stores, except google. Any suggestions?

I am using pacman 4.22 and gapps 20130331.signed....

Thanks

edit: Problem solved:

bun
    Last edited by bunanson; 07-09-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Ok, i know it takes a while usually on first boot, but the pacman boot ani has been hanging out for over an hour now... followed all the instructions, i know ive installed roms on other phones that took unreasonably long as well but this one doesnt seem to want to come out of it. anyone else experience this as well?

yes. everytime i've tried it. i used the primou version but still same thing. just hangs on the pacman screen FOREVER!

Hi,

I followed the exact same steps, and when I select Recovey in boot screen, the screen hands at HTC One white screen. Any ideas?

Thanks.

after recovery i does not show me the options of wiping data

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by ujjwaldaptari View Post
    after recovery i does not show me the options of wiping data
    You should try replacing CWM with TWRP recovery. It is much easier to use.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Can you direct me to a good ROM that has the wi-fi / mobile data working on ONE V?
    I tried several these days but none of them had these two working.

Much appreciated
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456