Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!

yarkyark

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

Hi all,

Total noob question here, but I thought it would be better to ask than to soft brick my phone again. :)

On step 4.2 of the tutorial above, the directions say to extract the boot img from the rom zip (in my case, the PACMAN 19.3 primoc for my VM phone), and put it in the fastboot directory to be flashed after installing the rom zip.

Here's the question: After extracting the boot.img, I see there's still a copy of it in the rom zip. Do I just leave that boot img file in there or do I delete it?

Thanks in advance.

Love Being

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

Hi
I updated my htc one v according to your tutorial but i gets stuck on pacman loding screen .... plz help

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
i'm having the problem where you get 'waiting for device' message when im trying to get the identifier token... is it the usb drivers that i need to install? nothing else seems to be helping...

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
in command prompt, cd to wherever you put your adb. plug your phone in and make sure debugging is enabled in system setting>applications>enable it. then type adb devices. tell me what it outputs.

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
no worries.. got it working thanks.. just trying to get a custom rom on there now... no luck so far... thought i flashed it and everything but still nothing....trying again..

actually it froze after doing the recovery stage... booted up with the red warning ...how long is it supposed to sit there for??

also, the zip files you get to put on your phone for the rom... do u extract the files or just leave them in the zip?

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
no worries.. got it working thanks.. just trying to get a custom rom on there now... no luck so far... thought i flashed it and everything but still nothing....trying again..

actually it froze after doing the recovery stage... booted up with the red warning ...how long is it supposed to sit there for??

also, the zip files you get to put on your phone for the rom... do u extract the files or just leave them in the zip?

Should be ~5 minutes. For a recovery, you have to fastboot flash recoveries. zip files are installed using the recovery. You don't extract them. Flash the .zip in the recovery.

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
so its been about an hour and nothing...should i retry each step again or what? my phone is unusble at this point... just still sitting at "this build is for development purposes only...."

lebooo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
data is wiped from the recovery. I use cwm recovery that has an option to "wipe data" if you use twrp I think the wording is slightly different

seanthomps

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys,

I got all the way to the OS loading up after the pacman htc screen, but then it just keeps prompting me with "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." and if I leave it alone it just turns my phone off :(

I have an HTC One V from Virgin Mobile, and used the following:

gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

primoc_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v20.1.0_03MAR2013-205557.zip

twrprecovery.img

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had this ROM for about a month and I think I'd like to revert back to the factory ROM. Pacman has been quite buggy for me, though it does sometimes run smoother than the factory ROM. One of the bugs is that it constantly reverts to silent/vibrate mode after I set it to ring. This is annoying and sometimes I miss calls/emails because of it. It also randomly reboots while using bluetooth sometimes and the camera is incredibly laggy and sometimes crashes.

Does anyone know a good tutorial to re-install the Virgin Mobile ROM? Also, is there any way I could re-install that but not Sense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2