Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!

fifamm96

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

I flashed a custom recovery and chose PACman mod to install from sd card. when i install it, it says "assert failed: get prop("roproduct.device") = = " primoc" I I get prop ("ro.build.product") = = primoc"
E: error in /sdcard/Pacman.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

what can i do next? i also tried paranoid android, and that gets stuck at the boot screen, it goes past the HTC Quietly Brilliant ... but not the paranoid android screen. any option to what i can try next?

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

I don't know. How can I tell? it's my first time rooting a phone.

Well if it is on virgin mobile them out is primoc. If you have a sims card(I'm not talking about the micro sdcard), them you are primou. BE SURE! You don't want to flash the wrong images.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

fifamm96

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm not in the United States, so its definitely not on virgin mobile. And yes i do have a sim card. So would this rom work for me?

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm not in the United States, so its definitely not on virgin mobile. And yes i do have a sim card. So would this rom work for me?

No, I believe this rom is for cdma, you will find roms and much more information about your gsm phone on xda 's site. I'm not trying to run you off from here, just there's alot of development going on at xda. Another good place for information is here http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4593340
Good luck.
Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

jayupark

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Just a shout in the dark, but over at android forums they realized that there is two different radios for the cdma version. The newest update that it's suppose to fix the battery calibration also had a radio update in it that it's causing boot loops when ever you try a custom Rom. If you just got your phone ity may have the newer radio on it. Someone said they flashed the ruu (which had the old radio) and then went through the whole unlock, root, and custom recovery routine and solved problem. The old radio has 521...
The new radio has 987.. or something like that.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, same problem I had. I did the RUU, but I still can't install a new ROM. At least I'm not stuck in the boot loop though. At least we know these phones are hard to fully brick....

Teslas#AC

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Okay... battled through everything... successfully got the rom installed, as well as gapps. (Had issues finding a cwm recovery version that would work with the htc one - power button wouldn't work right, but that was it.)

So everything should be good...

...well, almost. It hangs at the pacman loading screen. So close!

I'm at a loss at this point. Does anyone have any ideas??
Thanks much.

EDIT: I realized my mistake! I did all the cache wiping, but did not format /system. Did that, re-installed, all is good.
I mean, sure, it turns out I had the wrong radio version... and so I had to do that fix... but yeah, it's good now. :)

EDIT 2: I will add one more bit of wisdom: Do not go through with all of this until AFTER you have activated your phone! I thought I could get everything rom-wise all nice and set before activating, but during the pacman installation, the handset got some crazy idea of which phone number it was, and it wouldn't activate or allow me to edit the MEID. Just so you know!

Last edited:

raheem39

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

do i NEED to unlock the bootloader just to root my phone cause im only lookin to root it, thats it

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

do i NEED to unlock the bootloader just to root my phone cause im only lookin to root it, thats it

Locked bootloaders can be rooted but since this one is so easy to unlock I don't think anyone is looking for a way to do it with this device.

Unlocking the bootloader allows the installation of custom recoveries.

JPGhost

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

i have done all the steps but my cmd says "< waiting for device >" and just says that and nothing else i have waited for up to 30 minutes and still nothing, i have an htc one v phone from virgin mobile

greengoblin420

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

i followed all the steps and everything and when i turn my phone one its just gets stuck on the pacman loading screen can anyone help me and my phone is a htc one v from cricket

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

i have done all the steps but my cmd says "< waiting for device >" and just says that and nothing else i have waited for up to 30 minutes and still nothing, i have an htc one v phone from virgin mobile

It sounds like you haven't installed the drivers or something like that.

Sent from my Full Android on PrimoC using Android Central Forums

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for this write-up. This post is 1) To see if anyone is still checking this (in case I need support) and 2) What is a reasonable timeframe for this? I am at work and have an experiment running and want to see if I can accomplish this before it is done. Thanks!

Tsmith1223

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

So I went to go download the gapps and all that and the page it took me to in big bold letters said "do not installs gapps with this rom" or something along those lines, are the gapps avoidable or do i need them?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I check this every once in awhile. I am much more present on the xda forums, sorry. This should take about 2 hours, I'd say. Maybe an hour if you're efficient and know what you're doing.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Updated the OP to PACman v19.3 and changed the boot.img to be one that works really well for me. This ROM is completely functional. Go thank inyourface09 over at xda at this thread. If you don't have an account at xda, make one just to thank him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34