1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One V Battery won't fully charge

I just got my HTC One V a week ago. I plug it in overnight to charge, and in the morning it's only about 3/4 charged. The battery icon doesn't have the charge symbol on it or the charging animation. It seems that the phone "thinks" the battery is fully charged, and it very well could be, but it doesn't look that way to me. How can I fix this problem?

ROM
    A10 (C.a.i)/ Hydro Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by earlofportland View Post
    I just got my HTC One V a week ago. I plug it in overnight to charge, and in the morning it's only about 3/4 charged. The battery icon doesn't have the charge symbol on it or the charging animation. It seems that the phone "thinks" the battery is fully charged, and it very well could be, but it doesn't look that way to me. How can I fix this problem?
    Do a reboot, it fixes it most the time.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Harmonia 2.08 & Mobster

Quote Originally Posted by xxlemonxx View Post
    Do a reboot, it fixes it most the time.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    I'm glad I'm not the one with this problem! Yeah a reboot in the morning sets it to 100. I figured it was the custom Rom i run but now I'm wondering if it's a hardware issue.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Default Re: HTC One V Battery won't fully charge

This device just died on me hadn't charged it yet out of the new package but it still showed at least 1/3 battery left but just shut down suddenly I thought it may have bricked for some in unbeknownst reason but threw it on the charger and its good so there may be a issue.

Sent from my HTC One V

ROM
    Stock

Mine does the same thing.

Rebooting fixes.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

My first one did that several times also - would get hot and not charge. Seems to be a random issue. Returned it for a replacement which doesn't have the charging issue.

What is a reboot and how do you do it..... I am having the same problem

CandiKane1, with the screen unlocked, if you hold the power button down for a few seconds you'll see the option to turn off the phone or re-start it. That may be the "reboot" they are talking about. There is also a hard-restart or reboot were you hold down the power button while the screen is locked. I had the same problem. What I did was: I let my phone fully discharge to the point where it turned itself off. I charged it over night and then let it fully discharge again. It now seems to charge to 100% and the green light finally appears. I'm hoping that cycling the battery that way fixed the issue... It's been a week so far and it's still working correctly. Bob

how exactly do you reboot it? i need step by step instructions, is rebooting the same as a hard reset ( which erases everything) ???

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

Press and hold the power button until you see the pop up. Select "restart phone".

I had the same problem with mine (not rooted), it very seldomly would charge above 70%, I read where you just turn off the "Fast boot" option (go to Settings, Power, Then click on "Fast boot" and make sure it's unchecked)...now it harges to 100% every time!

im also having the same problems, so i should get a replacement instead of a brand new battery for my phone

For a while, I've tried a restart and that never worked. I did a 'hard' reboot (press and hold top button at the unlock screen until after reboot message shows) and that worked. I did uncheck 'enable fast boot' and will watch afterward. I'm more confident now, hopefully Virgin Mobile will include this in their support strategy for the HTC One V.
    Last edited by vbareil; 10-20-2012 at 06:30 AM.

I had the same problem. Seems when then phone completely runs out of battery power this issue arises. Fast boot is disabled but the problem persists. Now only if there was an app to automatically shutdown the phone before it completely loses power (which it is suppose to do anyway). An app to set the auto shutdown at say 5% power left...

Hooking it back up to the USB wall charger after a complete battery drain, the phone wont turn back on. I had to take the battery out, hold down the power button and put it back in.

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by bobby bolivia View Post
    I had the same problem. Seems when then phone completely runs out of battery power this issue arises. Fast boot is disabled but the problem persists. Now only if there was an app to automatically shutdown the phone before it completely loses power (which it is suppose to do anyway). An app to set the auto shutdown at say 5% power left...

Hooking it back up to the USB wall charger after a complete battery drain, the phone wont turn back on. I had to take the battery out, hold down the power button and put it back in.
    I think you're posting on the wrong forum. The HTC One V doesn't have a removable battery.

ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK my phone is completely dead..can't get it to turn on and the red light won't come on when I plug in to re-charge! What do I do???? Anybody got any suggestions? I am so in need of help!
    OMG.....what am I going to do....who can help me? Isn't anybody out there today???? My phone is an HTC one ....and it's dead...............
    ~~~wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by Shirly Rhindress; 01-13-2013 at 12:32 PM.

For safety reasons, many manufacturers put a feature on their phones that disable charging if the battery is above a certain temperature. If your phone will not charge, the battery is just too hot. Simply power down the phone for at least 5 mins to cool it down and connect the charger to the phone.

It should charge up, but I had that issue with me Evo V 4g and I had to download Juice Defender. As soon as I did that it began to charge normally. It may have also been the charger I was using. If you are not using the proper charger it will not charge properly. It seems that my all of the apps I had downloaded where consuming power as fast as it charged and installing Juice Defender killed enough of the background processes to allow the charging speed to surpass the power consumption speed.

I'm not 100% sue that one thing had anything to do with the other but as soon as I downloaded Juice Defender it went back to normal.

No that's not true because if that is the case then the phone will tell you when that is the problem