HTC One V Battery won't fully charge

earlofportland

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got my HTC One V a week ago. I plug it in overnight to charge, and in the morning it's only about 3/4 charged. The battery icon doesn't have the charge symbol on it or the charging animation. It seems that the phone "thinks" the battery is fully charged, and it very well could be, but it doesn't look that way to me. How can I fix this problem?

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got my HTC One V a week ago. I plug it in overnight to charge, and in the morning it's only about 3/4 charged. The battery icon doesn't have the charge symbol on it or the charging animation. It seems that the phone "thinks" the battery is fully charged, and it very well could be, but it doesn't look that way to me. How can I fix this problem?

Do a reboot, it fixes it most the time.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Do a reboot, it fixes it most the time.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

I'm glad I'm not the one with this problem! Yeah a reboot in the morning sets it to 100. I figured it was the custom Rom i run but now I'm wondering if it's a hardware issue.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
This device just died on me hadn't charged it yet out of the new package but it still showed at least 1/3 battery left but just shut down suddenly I thought it may have bricked for some in unbeknownst reason but threw it on the charger and its good so there may be a issue.

Sent from my HTC One V

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My first one did that several times also - would get hot and not charge. Seems to be a random issue. Returned it for a replacement which doesn't have the charging issue.

Oldsig

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
CandiKane1, with the screen unlocked, if you hold the power button down for a few seconds you'll see the option to turn off the phone or re-start it. That may be the "reboot" they are talking about. There is also a hard-restart or reboot were you hold down the power button while the screen is locked. I had the same problem. What I did was: I let my phone fully discharge to the point where it turned itself off. I charged it over night and then let it fully discharge again. It now seems to charge to 100% and the green light finally appears. I'm hoping that cycling the battery that way fixed the issue... It's been a week so far and it's still working correctly. Bob

devynndai

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
how exactly do you reboot it? i need step by step instructions, is rebooting the same as a hard reset ( which erases everything) ???

TheBros35

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine (not rooted), it very seldomly would charge above 70%, I read where you just turn off the "Fast boot" option (go to Settings, Power, Then click on "Fast boot" and make sure it's unchecked)...now it harges to 100% every time!

vbareil

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
For a while, I've tried a restart and that never worked. I did a 'hard' reboot (press and hold top button at the unlock screen until after reboot message shows) and that worked. I did uncheck 'enable fast boot' and will watch afterward. I'm more confident now, hopefully Virgin Mobile will include this in their support strategy for the HTC One V.

Last edited:

bobby bolivia

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Seems when then phone completely runs out of battery power this issue arises. Fast boot is disabled but the problem persists. Now only if there was an app to automatically shutdown the phone before it completely loses power (which it is suppose to do anyway). An app to set the auto shutdown at say 5% power left...

Hooking it back up to the USB wall charger after a complete battery drain, the phone wont turn back on. I had to take the battery out, hold down the power button and put it back in.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Seems when then phone completely runs out of battery power this issue arises. Fast boot is disabled but the problem persists. Now only if there was an app to automatically shutdown the phone before it completely loses power (which it is suppose to do anyway). An app to set the auto shutdown at say 5% power left...

Hooking it back up to the USB wall charger after a complete battery drain, the phone wont turn back on. I had to take the battery out, hold down the power button and put it back in.

I think you're posting on the wrong forum. The HTC One V doesn't have a removable battery.

Shirly Rhindress

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK my phone is completely dead..can't get it to turn on and the red light won't come on when I plug in to re-charge! What do I do???? Anybody got any suggestions? I am so in need of help!
OMG.....what am I going to do....who can help me? Isn't anybody out there today???? My phone is an HTC one ....and it's dead............... :(
~~~wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
For safety reasons, many manufacturers put a feature on their phones that disable charging if the battery is above a certain temperature. If your phone will not charge, the battery is just too hot. Simply power down the phone for at least 5 mins to cool it down and connect the charger to the phone.

J Parham

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It should charge up, but I had that issue with me Evo V 4g and I had to download Juice Defender. As soon as I did that it began to charge normally. It may have also been the charger I was using. If you are not using the proper charger it will not charge properly. It seems that my all of the apps I had downloaded where consuming power as fast as it charged and installing Juice Defender killed enough of the background processes to allow the charging speed to surpass the power consumption speed.

J Parham

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% sue that one thing had anything to do with the other but as soon as I downloaded Juice Defender it went back to normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz