Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ph37rd
  • 1 Post By agrinc95
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Default Worthy upgrade from Optimus V?

I love hacking and modding my Optimus V.
    But I'm wondering if getting the One V would be an improvement over my current Optimus V with faster processor and Beats Audio?
    Better screen?
    Stable CM10?
    Worth it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    A10 (C.a.i)/ Hydro Kernal

Default Re: Worthy upgrade from Optimus V?

By far.. the screen resolution and size is amazing to the o.v. when I pick up my o.v it feels so old and the screen looks so grainy. And the build quality and camera are far greater. It'd be a wise investment!
    Good development too we have cm10 miui and more. Also you can play any game you want/armv7 themes
    Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Thanks for the input!
    The only thing stopping me is reports of lag and poor battery life.
    Should I be worried about either of these?

I have been using the v for a week now and I love it. I still use my v for modding and rom testing.. ..until I root this one. Definitely with the upgrade. The battery is 3x the optimus and everything is faster

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    PACman 19.3

beautiful screen, just don't drop it
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Quote Originally Posted by lebooo View Post
    beautiful screen, just don't drop it
    Awwww. I will keep that in mind.
    I've been looking around on xda, and these MIUI ROMs look downright beautiful!

i went from the optimus to the one v about a week ago. at first i didnt like it too much. then i put a miui rom on it and i couldnt be happier. i really bought it for the camera cause i wanted a flash, but to tell the truth the camera on the one v is not that great. overall though i'd say its worth the 150
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

You won't be disappointed with the one v. There isn't any lag that you notice coming from the OV. I get great battery life.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    Guess whos coming back!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I went from the Optimus to the One V, and never looked back. Bigger screen, and faster overall, and best of all the battery life is ten times better.

Money well spent

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    htc (CM9) & lg (CM9)

yepp... I dropped mine and it cracked the screen bad and I started having weird glitchy issues... had to get a new one.

-sent from space
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Okay, so here are my needs for a phone:
    -Able to handle lots of SMS, MMS, Google Talk and Facebook Messaging, at home and on the go
    -Stream music in the background as I do everything I do on the phone
    -Fluid Multitasking
    -At least 12 hours of battery life with moderate use.
    -Decent enough gaming to keep me entertained in waiting rooms

Does the One V fall short of any of these requirements?
    If so, which?
    Thanks in advance!!

I think you have unrealistic needs of a budget phone. It completely depends on what apps you use. There are lots of games that will make the HTC One V choke and stutter. Fluid Multitasking is something the best devices only just barely accomplish when loaded with apps/games and streaming music. Now don't get me wrong the One V is better in all ways compared to the OV but it is no SG3 or N4. The only bad element to the One V is the non-removable battery.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I think you have unrealistic needs of a budget phone. It completely depends on what apps you use. There are lots of games that will make the HTC One V choke and stutter. Fluid Multitasking is something the best devices only just barely accomplish when loaded with apps/games and streaming music. Now don't get me wrong the One V is better in all ways compared to the OV but it is no SG3 or N4. The only bad element to the One V is the non-removable battery.
    Agreed, I was just curious as to how many of those needs were met by the One V.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

The easiest and most assured way of increasing battery life on any phone is not worrying about 24/7, up to the second access to whatever Kim K and the like are doing or saying on Twitter, Facebook or the rest of the mindless dribble. Turn off mobile data, gps, bluetooth and sync when not needed. Turn off WiFi when not needed. Most of the time indoors, you don't need the screen at 100% brightness, so turn it down to what you need to see the screen. Only turn on what you need for as long as you need it.

Once I embraced this line of thought, I went from charging 2-3x a day to a whole day of medium usage on a single charge on my rooted/mirage V. Anticipating longer battery life on the One V when it arrives the end of the week by following this routine.
    zedorda likes this.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ph37rd View Post
    The easiest and most assured way of increasing battery life on any phone is not worrying about 24/7, up to the second access to whatever Kim K and the like are doing or saying on Twitter, Facebook or the rest of the mindless dribble. Turn off mobile data, gps, bluetooth and sync when not needed. Turn off WiFi when not needed. Most of the time indoors, you don't need the screen at 100% brightness, so turn it down to what you need to see the screen. Only turn on what you need for as long as you need it.

Once I embraced this line of thought, I went from charging 2-3x a day to a whole day of medium usage on a single charge on my rooted/mirage V. Anticipating longer battery life on the One V when it arrives the end of the week by following this routine.
    So basically, use your phone less.
    gater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by agrinc95 View Post
    So basically, use your phone less.
    To a degree but the larger benefit is not leaving elements of the phone running that are not in direct use. Now all that gets thrown out the window if you are using a service that requires continued use of say WiFi or BT.

I didn't say use it less, I more correctly stated to use it wisely. If you're not looking at the screen, you can't see that the weather app updated 2 seconds ago. Using the process I described, you still get your calls and text messages. The only thing that doesn't happen is updating widgets and apps when the phone is in your pocket or purse not being used.

Just ordered a One V from Amazon today.

Upgrading from an Optimus V.

All I can say is I love my One V best backup buddy ever at the moment and is my super tablet at the gym :-) I would say a one v version V2 would be amazing. Id love 4 inch screen with glass protection 2 to 4+ gig internal memory 1 gigahertz snapdragon cpu and camera with some flash and a decent battery. A sexy 149$ to top it off with ice cream sandwitch and let's add in joyn or nfc cherry on top:-)

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Mirage CM 7.2 (On OV)

Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Thanks for the input!
    The only thing stopping me is reports of lag and poor battery life.
    Should I be worried about either of these?

I just recently upgraded to the One V from the Optimus V, and while it does have a few lags here and there (mostly with the rich back, home, and recent apps buttons), it is well worth the upgrade! Also, the battery is a lot better: when I turn off the Wi-Fi when not using it, I can get about 3 days between charges :-)
    With the price as cheap as it is now, go for it! I don't think you'll regret it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD