Should I upgrade to this phone?

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the Optimus V and am thinking about getting a new VM phone on Black Friday.
But I can't decide if I want the Motorola Triupmh or the HTC One V.

Triumph:
Pros:
*Large Screen
*Front facing camera (this is one of the main reasons I'm thinking about getting this phone)
*fast processor​
Cons:
*Price
*reports of bad antenna​

One V:
Pros:
*Beats audio
*Price
Cons:
*No front facing camera
*Smaller Screen​

This is a what I think about both phones. What phone do you guys think I should buy?

Alathorne

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I went through this same decision process 2 months ago. I settled on the One V, and I'm very happy with my choice. From various forums like this one, reviews and customer comments at Virgin USA, I grew quite wary of the Triumph due to all the reported issues with that phone. It seemed that if you got one with no problems you could be happy with it, but it seemed you had to be pretty lucky to get one without a problem. I wondered if that was just an issue with the early models, but the reported problems just seemed to keep on coming. The front facing camera was not an important feature for me, and while a larger screen was important, I learned it was not that important (the 1/4" difference is minor). With the One V, the only significant issue I read about was the one about the battery, where the app did not report a full charge. The screen on the One V seemed superior to the Triumph's, and that was important for me. It turns out the One V is "big enough" for my large hands. The screen is vibrant and easy to read. Web browsing is a much better experience compared to the OV. Typing on the One V is easier and more accurate. The beats audio really works well- and I use the phone as my primary portable music player. Voice calls are clear on both ends. I would say my reception is at least equivalent to the OV's, which makes it superior to the Triumph's. I did experience that issue with the One V's battery app but a recent OTA update seems to have solved that for me. Also, don't forget that the One V has ICS Android 4.0 while the Triumph will remain with 2.2. The improvement in the OS is significant. FWIW, I went with the One V and I'm glad I did.. How important is that front facing camera to you?

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I just want to be able to video chat with my girlfriend :p
I went through this same decision process 2 months ago. I settled on the One V, and I'm very happy with my choice. From various forums like this one, reviews and customer comments at Virgin USA, I grew quite wary of the Triumph due to all the reported issues with that phone. It seemed that if you got one with no problems you could be happy with it, but it seemed you had to be pretty lucky to get one without a problem. I wondered if that was just an issue with the early models, but the reported problems just seemed to keep on coming. The front facing camera was not an important feature for me, and while a larger screen was important, I learned it was not that important (the 1/4" difference is minor). With the One V, the only significant issue I read about was the one about the battery, where the app did not report a full charge. The screen on the One V seemed superior to the Triumph's, and that was important for me. It turns out the One V is "big enough" for my large hands. The screen is vibrant and easy to read. Web browsing is a much better experience compared to the OV. Typing on the One V is easier and more accurate. The beats audio really works well- and I use the phone as my primary portable music player. Voice calls are clear on both ends. I would say my reception is at least equivalent to the OV's, which makes it superior to the Triumph's. I did experience that issue with the One V's battery app but a recent OTA update seems to have solved that for me. Also, don't forget that the One V has ICS Android 4.0 while the Triumph will remain with 2.2. The improvement in the OS is significant. FWIW, I went with the One V and I'm glad I did.. How important is that front facing camera to you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca