Do you believe Jelly Bean will come to the VM HTC One V?

Will the VM HTC One V get Jelly Bean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
HTC didn't announce they will not be updating phones without more than 512mb RAM. They did not include the One V in the announcement at all. Then Engadget jumped to that conclusion on their own since it is true that they only listed devices with more than 512mb of RAM. Public pressure plus device popularity equals other possibilities. Their announcement was more to make those that shelled out alot more cash for their device happy and secure in their purchase. The profit margins on the One V is not likely any where near those that were listed.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree in the least we will see ROMs of JB since HTC is so willing to allow root and I think the bootloader is even unlock-able. I just think this device could handle JB just fine and hope enough devices are sold to warrant it's development.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You won't get an official Jelly Bean ROM from HTC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree in the least we will see ROMs of JB since HTC is so willing to allow root and I think the bootloader is even unlock-able. I just think this device could handle JB just fine and hope enough devices are sold to warrant it's development.

There's already like 15 different JB roms out for the one v and the only way to get them on there is by unlocking the bootloader through HTCdev then rooting it. Lol. I'm doing extensive research on this topic so that I don't mess up my one v when I do decide to modify it. It's so much more different than the optimus v.... you could do all of this straight from the OV (no computer required). You can't with the one v so I'm going to be extremely careful. There's actually a rally good guide on doing all of it by AndrewNelson 23 right here on the one v forum :) and you're right about it being able to handle it. All of the JB roms are very stable and everything works on them and it'll run even more stable when you overclock it to 1500mhz :D

Sent from my OV.

agrinc95

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
HTC didn't announce they will not be updating phones without more than 512mb RAM. They did not include the One V in the announcement at all. Then Engadget jumped to that conclusion on their own since it is true that they only listed devices with more than 512mb of RAM. Public pressure plus device popularity equals other possibilities. Their announcement was more to make those that shelled out alot more cash for their device happy and secure in their purchase. The profit margins on the One V is not likely any where near those that were listed.

From HTC's website

What devices will not get Android 4.1?
We work hard to ensure each of our products has the optimal user experience and therefore some products will remain at their current version of Android. In general, devices with 512MB RAM or less will not be upgraded to Android 4.1. At present, these devices include the HTC One V and the HTC Desire C. As we identify other devices that will not be upgraded, we'll provide updated information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan