"Package file is invalid" Google Play.

lolghostsandstuff

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so about a 2 weeks ago i was downloading a app. and like i always do i just left my phone alone till it was done, but after it was done downloading it gave me a "Package file is invalid" error in my notifications. i thought something just happened with my connection so i tried downloading at for a 2nd time. but was again was given the same error, so i just firgured it was the app and left it alone. but it keeps giving my that on almost every app i try and install, and its not every app to I'm able to download some apps with out a hitch. and app updates won't work to. :'(
I've tried what most others claim to wrok clearing cache data from google play > unstalling updates > rebooting device. and i still have the same problem.

So a little help please?

5hi7h34d

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I get this if I restore an old backup from TWRP, the Google Play store is out of sync with my old ROM image.

No idea if that's your cause, but I tried everything and the one thing that worked 100% was to go into settings >> accounts >> Google >> tap your account >> 3 dots upper right >> remove account and then right away add it back.

Reboot and you should be good to go with installing.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so, use Titanium to uninstall the app you are trying to update, reboot your phone, and try again.

I get this a lot when I try to update apps that a dev included as a system app.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
In the optimus v community this error was due to a full dalvik. Try wiping it and download again.

Sent from my AOKP JB One V.

anandk5

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem in my Galaxy Note. I was searching for a solution to fix it. I tried all clearing cache, uninstalling updates etc, nothing worked.

Easiest solution was Menu -> Settings -> Wifi click on the connected network & do Forget Network. Then do a Scan & select the network & enter the WPA password. This worked for me.

Anand

Sarah57

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. Had tried various other suggestions about cache clearance, adding a nickname to my phone etc and nothing had worked. This worked straight off.

Stephen Prentice

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I've had this issue off and on for several weeks. This past week, it's been ON and nothing, and I mean none of the prescriptions I found worked.
FINALLY I tried one more self prescribed pill.
In Titanium Backup I first thought I could freeze the app and try installing as if it were new. That didn't work because the Play Store still sees that app but as disabled.
Still in TiBu, I did a Backup>Verify>Uninstall, went to Play and VOILA!! I was able to download again without the error.

sanasafina

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so about a 2 weeks ago i was downloading a app. and like i always do i just left my phone alone till it was done, but after it was done downloading it gave me a "Package file is invalid" error in my notifications. i thought something just happened with my connection so i tried downloading at for a 2nd time. but was again was given the same error, so i just firgured it was the app and left it alone. but it keeps giving my that on almost every app i try and install, and its not every app to I'm able to download some apps with out a hitch. and app updates won't work to. :'(
I've tried what most others claim to wrok clearing cache data from google play > unstalling updates > rebooting device. and i still have the same problem.

So a little help please?

super_human09

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Download Hideman VPN from Play Store (It can be download)
Connect to it.
You can connect it for 5 hours.
Download Hotspot Shield (It can't be downloaded if you didn't connect yourself to Hideman VPN)
After downloading this disconnect Hideman VPN & Connect Hotspot Shiled VPN
Now download the apps which you want. (It can be download & installed)
For more Join this: www.facebook.com/admin.msk

tsorensen7

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I found a great solution...Download the amazon app store. It works great!! I was having all the same issues with my Lenovo Idea pad (android OS) and that is the best one i found!

Amanda Edwards1

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

So a little help please?