Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crickie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One V CDMA (Primoc) CM9/CM10/PACman Randomly Rebooting

Hello. I am a little new to this forum, but not to Android rooting. I have followed this guide EXACTLY: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...elly-bean.html

Here's the problem. With every single ROM except for the original, the phone randomly reboots itself after about 30 seconds of being completely booted. It's happened in CM9, CM10, and with the PACman v15.3 ROM from the guide above. I am not sure what the problem is, I've never experienced it with any other device and searching google doesn't seem to help me either. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: It is now doing the same thing on my original stock ROM backup. This is officially pissing me off because I NEED to use this phone.
    Last edited by Jay_P11; 12-31-2012 at 07:10 PM.

ROM
    A10 (C.a.i)/ Hydro Kernal

Default Re: HTC One V CDMA (Primoc) CM9/CM10/PACman Randomly Rebooting

Because you have the newer radio. Must revert to older one using the ruu and then everything should be good and re root etc
    Go to xda
    Sent from my Full Android on PrimoC using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've tried the RUU, and it throws me an error every time. Do you have a link to the one you're talking about? I've tried absolutely everything, and I'm stuck. I need this to use this phone in 2 days and it's completely screwed up :/

If you tried absolutely everything then there is nothing left to do.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

You'll need to restore the stock kernel, stock recovery and relock your bootloader. Use this RUU.

Edit: New working link
    Last edited by riggerman; 01-20-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20

Quote Originally Posted by riggerman View Post
    You'll need to restore the stock kernel, stock recovery and relock your bootloader. Use this RUU.

- - - Updated - - -

If the RUU is giving you an error message, then it's probably because your HBOOT is still unlocked. After you use the original recovery you made ( I hope), retrace the steps for unlocking the HBOOT. (Hasoon's HTC One V All in one toolkit is a Must Have for this. Found on XDA dev under the One V CDMA (PrimoC) discussion). After you get your Boot relocked, then the RUU will run. This happened to me when I took my back to stock to load the new updates to the radio. Run ALL updates after the RUU fixes you up. Then go thru the steps to reroot the phone. I'm S-On running a One V with PACman v1.5.3 with Sick kernel Everyday!! The best ROM ever!
    Thanked by:
    Spleenless likes this.

I have had the same issue i have a Alltel one v and every time i try a ruu it fails and gives me a different error like the sprint one is customer id error i have tried every ruu boot kernel to no avail the only thing i can think of is to get a stock nand back up from a cdma one v or a alltel specific ruu but have not found one if someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Dr hax; 01-10-2013 at 08:25 PM.