HTC One V, boot.img problem

FilipM

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
First of all i am new to the forum, i found quite some interesting stuff

I have a small problem. I've been trying to flash my HTC One V with a Cyanogen Mod 10, but with little success...phone is rooted, all that done, CW6 installed. When i flash the ROM, loading screen is stuck on the Cyanogen circle, but the backup i created was here to save the day. Then i read, that i should extract the boot.img file from the ROM, and by using fastboot, to flash that as well....and guess what happened, done that, still won't boot, but now even the recovery refuses to boot. I'm running out of ideas, anyone?

Sorry i haven't used the search button, but if anyone had a similar problem, please enlighten me on how to sort it out

Phone is a PrimoU (GSM version)

Thanks

EDIT: Seems like I've found a solution myself, installed the superboot again, it might be help for others like me...thanks anyway :)

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay so your ROM is just hanging? how did you fastboot flash your boot.img? and which ROM are you trying to use? (tell me where you got it.)

FilipM

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Seems like I sorted it out...i flashed the Titanium Kernel over the backup that i created, and it sorted it out, phone was working fine. Afterwards I've done the same procedure with CM10, then i flashed the boot.img and now it's running good, except when i boot i get a funny message "This build is for development purposes only bla bla".

For flashing the boot.img i used fastboot--->fastboot flash boot boot.img command, and the ROM (I've downloaded a few, can't remember) seems to be a HELLBOY one, but it's a build from 10.11.2012 ...I'll have a go at some newer ones (PACman)...phone works fine on 2016MHz, Antutu score of 6857

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Just make sure you always get roms and boot. imgs that match your phone. No using primoc stuff for you! You sound like you know what you're doing though.
Also that development message is normal.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Problem back when i rebooted the phone, any thoughts?
OK, sounds like your using the command "fastboot flash boot.img", which is a temporary boot.img install for testing purposes. It reverts back to your original boot.img on reboot. To get it to stick, you need to use the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img".

Najmus Sayadat

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
htc one v original boot.img

Where can i get the tc OneV's original boot.img ?my moby is stucked on dat starting screen even after doing a restore CWM..plzzz help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar