- 1 Posts
Trouble connecting to FIOS wireless network with HTC One V
Just got the phone and really like it so far; seems like a nice little phone for the price. (So far! )
One problem though that's driving me a little nuts. It seems to connect smoothly to any wireless network, except my FIOS network at home. When I try to connect it will say Obtaining IP Address and then time out. When I go into Advanced Settings, IP Address reads 'Unavailable.'
But then sometimes, at some point quite suddenly, it will connect, and the IP address reads 169.254.223.18. There's no apparent accounting for the sudden success, and once I leave the house, the problem repeats itself until it eventually usually (but not always) connects. Once I got a connection when I set the IP Address bar to Static from DHCP. But the last time I tried that, the Connect button greyed out and I couldn't continue. Anyone have any ideas please? Thanks!!
- 02-12-2013, 11:32 AM #2
- By audiudew2006 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 6Last Post: 08-20-2012, 05:36 AM
- By PackerBadger in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 7Last Post: 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
- By tanda4 in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 16Last Post: 03-11-2011, 12:44 AM
- By cornstarch in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 12Last Post: 07-16-2010, 09:36 PM
- By Night Train in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 05-01-2010, 02:11 PM