Please help! Can't root my HTC One V!

LunchBokks

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to do this for going on 3 days. I finally got the bootloader unlocked yesterday, but I am now having issues rooting the phone. I have run the install-superboot-windows.bat file multiple times, with the modded boot.superboot.img as well. But everytime I check to see if this process roots the phone, my root check app says it's not rooted. I have tried following the instructions of several websites, but to no avail. Is there any other way to root this device, because the superboot method is not working. The websites I used are down below. Thank you in advance for the help.

Websites:
How To Root HTC One V (Guide)
How to Root HTC One V - TheUnlockr

jc411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
1) i was having the same issue, until i installed the android adb drivers onto my computers C:/ partition. follow directions on this website: How To: Install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer for use with your Android phone | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTech

2) then after you've done that. make sure you have the One V usb drivers installed on your computer & your phones unlocked.

3) next go download the SuperSu zip from the xda website & put it on your phones sd card: [01.02.2013] SuperSU v1.04 - xda-developers

4) then boot your phone into HBOOT & select fastboot. after your phones connected to the computer it should say fastboot USB on your phone.

5) then you'll need to run a command prompt & put a recovery on your phone. i used this one: [VM/PRIMOC][RECOVERY] TWRP2 Recovery 7-10-2012 - xda-developers

6) after you get a recovery installed on your phone, boot into your recovery & flash the SuperSu zip you put on the sd card. & finally you'll be rooted.

((note: these are the steps i took to root. don't know if it will work for everybody))​

LunchBokks

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I actually figured it out, but I did everything you just said to do, ironically. But now I have run into another issue when trying to flash my Cyanogenmod 10 zip file. It fails inside of TWRP. Would you know how to fix this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz