The HTC does have the FM radio hardware.

Should HTC of included the FM Radio app?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Who thinks is was a real shame they didn't include the FM radio app on the HTC One V even tho it does have the hardware?

Well here is the FM Radio app from the One X.

Attachments

• FM Radio_3.1-signed.apk
    500.6 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:

lebooo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
at least the spirit fm program over at xda is good.

i also think it's funny that the phone has bluetooth 4.0 and can't use that either

lebooo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
you might get radio reception where you don't get cell reception. or if VM's horrible data speeds can't keep up with audio streaming then regular radio is great. the pirate radio stations near me don't have internet streams either.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Fm radio app is an actual fm radio. It doesn't use mobile data or wifi to receive and process music. It doesn't use mobile data, which is a huge plus. But on the other hand, it's signal range is limited to the broadcasting range.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Who thinks is was a real shame they didn't include the FM radio app on the HTC One V even tho it does have the hardware?

Well here is the FM Radio app from the One X.

how to make the fm work? try to install it, said cannot open file :(

tia,

Edit: download the .apk from OP, and install with any file manager, and enjoy. Thanks OP, now I have tons more fun with my HTC One V, thanks

bun

Last edited:

IRBent

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC One X from AT&T. As we know the FM radio was removed, maybe in software only. I installed the apk found above in this thread and rebooted. The app acts as if it's working, even showing the title of the songs playing on my local station. However, no sound whatsoever coming out of the headphones or the rear speaker when that option is selected. It has to be working in order to know the station ID and song titles, but without audio, it's useless. Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks
RB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995