Apps not updating/downloading from Google Play?

iamvitus

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. I have an HTC One V. Whenever I'm trying to update or download/install apps from the Google Play store, it doesn't always work. Half of the time, it will work. But, the other half of the time, it either says, <<Package file is invalid>> or <<Insufficient storage memory>> or something rather. Why is it doing this? I know that storage space is not the issue here because I have checked multiple times and there is lots of space on both my SD card and my phone itself. Can someone help me!?! Or give me any suggestions? If someone could help me out, that would be great! Thank you! :) I would greatly appreciate it! This is REALLY pissing me off! :C

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so, what ROM are you running?
First thing to try would be to go into your app drawer, click 'all', find google framework services, clear cache. Next, go to google play and do the same thing. Let me know if this doesn't work....there are other options, this is just the easiest.

iamvitus

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
No, I am not rooted. I looked in my app drawer. There is nothing called Google framework services! :C I guess that only is there if my phone is rooted? Do you have any other suggestions? But, no my phone is not rooted.

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
when you go into the app drawer, hit the menu icon on the top right and choose manage apps. Then choose all. It is not root specific. If you clear data from that and the playstore it will start them fresh.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

iamvitus

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It didn't work! :C Do you think that I should do a factory reset? Will that work? Or are there any other ways to fix this problem?

iamvitus

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
lol I guess you're right. I don't know what else to do. Thanks man. I just have one more question. If I do a factory reset, is there a way to save all your apps/apps data and all that jazz? Because whenever I do a factory reset, I know how to save my contacts and things like that. But, I hate having to redownload all of my apps and customize my phone again to my preference. Is there a way to show all the apps and data and stuff so that I won't have to do it again once I do the factory reset?

iamvitus

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok thanks for your help, man. If I wanted to do a factory reset, how would I save all my apps and app data? Is there a way? I hate having to reinstall all of my apps every time I do a factory reset! :C

iamvitus

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, man! But that didn't solve the problem! :C I did a factory reset but when I still go to the Google Play store to download or update apps, its still giving me the same messages and not downloading! ): What the heck!?! What do I do!?! Is this a problem with my phone or something? And if so, is there a way to fix it? Please help!

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
What kind of micro sd card are you using (size, class, brand)? A corrupt card can cause all kinds of strange demons to come out. Maybe it's time to root and install a custom ROM?!?!

iamvitus

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Micro SD HC Class ?? 8GB. I can't really see what the class is because its too small lol. ): It looks like a 6, but it also looks like a C with something else in it (Kind of looks like a 6). I can't really tell. And I don't really want to root & install a custom ROM on my phone because I did that with my last phone (Well, my friend did lol) & it just gave me more problems. Also, I don't really know how to do that with my phone anyway & I'm scared that I might mess it up! ):

salman ghouri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Guys if you are having problem with downloading or updating apps then download tunnel bear or hideman vpn APK to your computer then transfer to your phone or SD card and then install that APK then launch vpn app and select USA country then go to play store now try to download or update your apps i will work 100% guaranteed!!!!! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power