1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Htc one v touch screen issues

Hey there so, I bought my htc one v on June 29 2013, and last night before I went to bed it was just over half battery and i woke up to it being completely off and would not turn on, so i did what the few sites that i went to said to do and i factory reset it. but once i did that I got a little message stating that the "Dialer is currently unresponsive and its asking if i would like to send a report to htc." but i cannot do so when everytime i go an try to touch my screen to tap yes or no it will not work. I honestly know nothing about HTC other than most of there phones drive me nuts and are not what i have expected. I'm quite upset to of spent money on something that broke so easily. The strangest thing is that i can still recieve texts and calls but cannot respond or answer. I have another two months on my store warranty says the reciept but i was wondering if there was any way to fix this on my own. Would rooting my phone help at all?

a very sad lady

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Htc one v touch screen issues

Hello and welcome to the forums. The first thing you should do is another factory reset. If that doesn't fix it you could root it and throw on a custom rom and see if that does it, but you shouldn't have to. I would have the store honor the warranty on your device. Rooting is something that should be done to increase functionality of the device or attain a set goal, not to fix a broken phone.
    That said, the decision is up to you. The store may give you an issue returning a rooted device as usually this will void your warranty. Please let us know how it goes!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've factory reset my phone about 15 times now i dont think it will do much more , i think i am just going to go in and ask the store to send it back and get it fixed as i am not getting stuck with this broken thing, it is also now randomly turning on and off all by its self. i think its straight up broken .

- - - Updated - - -

I've factory reset my phone about 15 times now i dont think it will do much more , i think i am just going to go in and ask the store to send it back and get it fixed as i am not getting stuck with this broken thing, it is also now randomly turning on and off all by its self. i think its straight up broken .

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with getting the new device.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app