1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Flashed wrong kernel on my phone! Help ASAP, I got to go to somewhere important tommorow!

I flashed a HTC ONE V GSM PRIMOU kernal on my phone instead of HTC One V PRIMOC kernal. I can only access the recovery menu I need to know what to do and can you please help me get my phone back to normal but maintain my root status.
    Thank You

Global Posts
    6,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Flashed wrong kernel on my phone! Help ASAP, I got to go to somewhere important tommorow!

Quote Originally Posted by jayboiandroid View Post
    I flashed a HTC ONE V GSM PRIMOU kernal on my phone instead of HTC One V PRIMOC kernal. I can only access the recovery menu I need to know what to do and can you please help me get my phone back to normal but maintain my root status.
    Thank You
    Did you find a fix? In the future, keep a backup file of the ROM on your sd card or even better, a Nandroid Backup from Recovery, so you can restore that in situation like this. If you are not up and running you need to restore the stock RUU onto the device.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Flashed wrong kernel on my phone! Help ASAP, I got to go to somewhere important tommorow!

At the moment, I did the RUU for my HTC One V but it failed so now I have no recovery but I did store a backup on my phone but it wasn't able to properly boot, this is annoying and I learned my lesson to never root again!
    Last edited by jayboiandroid; 12-17-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

At the moment, I did the RUU for my HTC One V but it failed so now I have no recovery but I did store a backup on my phone but it wasn't able to probably boot, this is annoying and I learned my lesson to never root again!
    Did you atleast check to see if you were able to read the phone in recovery? This could have been fixed easily.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It was but now my phone has no recovery (Thanks to HTC One V RUU) so I really don't know what to do now.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

It was but now my phone has no recovery (Thanks to HTC One V RUU) so I really don't know what to do now.
    Try flashing a recovery again.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix