Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OperationA7X
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone will Not shut off

I own a HTC One V.
    I've downloaded all the specs, apps, and features for this phone. I've done & tried to do what it says to do by holding the power button for a few seconds to shut it off, but it will not. It will only save the celltop picture to the gallery. I have done everything humanly possible to shut this phone off so that any and all apps or programs and the sd card can be rebooted.

Is there any way someone could help me out here?

Global Posts
    19,831 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Phone will Not shut off

Quote Originally Posted by Djpanixx View Post
    I own a HTC One V.
    I've downloaded all the specs, apps, and features for this phone. I've done & tried to do what it says to do by holding the power button for a few seconds to shut it off, but it will not. It will only save the celltop picture to the gallery. I have done everything humanly possible to shut this phone off so that any and all apps or programs and the sd card can be rebooted.

I am not very proficient with HTC devices, but I can send this to someone who may be able to help.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    4,045 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Djpanixx View Post
    I own a HTC One V.

Hey I was called here. So the phone won't turn off? How long have you held the power button? You should hold the power until the home buttons flash and the phone turns off.

Sent from my AT&T One XL
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

At least 10 seconds of holding down the power button is needed. Like th-

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Golfdriver97 and wizzrah like this.

Global Posts
    4,045 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    At least 10 seconds of holding down the power button is needed. Like th-

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.
    Good one

Sent from my AT&T One XL
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Here, s a different solution. Sell the phone to my wife and buy a new one. She will love it since she NEVER stops talking on it! LOL

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5