How can I ALWAYS show Status Bar when using internet browser? (HTC One VX)

SPSENick

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got an HTC One VX and am enjoying it. However, I have one thing that is annoying me:

Whenever I start the default internet browser the Status Bar will auto-hide itself after about 2 seconds and will not reappear (again briefly) unless I leave to go to a new webpage. I like having the Status Bar visible because when I'm browsing the internet I like to be able to see the clock, the battery life, and notifications.

Is there a way to ALWAYS show the Status Bar when using the HTC internet browser?

I cannot find any setting that will do this, nor can I even find a way to bring the Status Bar up by any kind of tap or button.

This is kind of ironic considering at the bottom of the screen there is a less important "Browser Bar" that is always visible that lets you share the page to Facebook/Twitter.

Matthew Merkle

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I didn't realize that. But maybe the One and One VX are similar enough that those with One would know the answer.

There's no one here who even has an HTC One, save for the staff that picked up review units just this week. :p

That said, I'd recommend using a different browser, such as Google Chrome. It's a drop-in replacement and it's fantastic.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The One VX is my wife's phone (I have a Vivid) but I don't believe there's a way to not 'autohide' it. It's a catch 22...you gain screen real estate with it hidden but yes you lose the status bar clock. I would second trying Chrome out, it's really quite nice and easy to switch back if it's not your thing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs