[MOD] Google Wallet Patch/Fix apk

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
There has been a patched version of the updated Google Wallet released. Links updated. Now the Play Store won't ask you to update Wallet.

Pre-PS:
If this is helping you out -- will you hit the thanks button for me. I am trying to collect as many as I can.

This is a link w/the method I used to install the apk (the linked OP method didn't work for me) and the Google Wallet app seems to work fine for me. It is showing me my unused $10, but it is too late in the evening for me to actually go test it.

Tested and it works perfectly.

Anyway, you can try the linked OP method or I would recommend mine.

OP
Region / Device / Root Patched Google Wallet APK (1.1-R67-v5) - Android Software - MoDaCo

apk
Patched apk

The install method I used is similar to the linked OP method. First I deleted the apk from system/app and data/app. Then I used Dropbox to get it on my phone from my PC. You can use whatever method you would like. Then I used Root Explorer to move the patched apk to system/app AND data/app. I also renamed the apk to what it was named previously on my phone when I downloaded Google Wallet from the Play Store. Your phone may have a different name as well. I think as long as they are named the same in system/app and data/app you should be fine. That is how I have it. Then don't forget to change permissions once you move it. With Root Explorer you will long press to get the menu and once you select permissions you will check the first two radio buttons on the first row of three. Then uncheck the last two radio buttons on the second row. Then uncheck the last radio button on the last row. Those permissions should match with all the other apps listed. It will look like this: rw-r--r--

Step by step:
- Be rooted
- Uninstall Google Wallet in Play Store OR just delete Google Wallet from data/app
- Delete Google Wallet apk in system/data
- take the patched Google Wallet apk and rename to something closer to what was already listed under system/app that you previously deleted. It isn't terribly important that you rename it exactly.
- move that apk to system/app
- change permissions to read rw-r--r--
- copy that apk and move to data/app
- reboot

Good luck.

Here is a solid step-by-step list from fpineda101:

I had to reboot my phone to get it to work. Here re the steps I took

1. Write down apk name in system/app
2. Delete apk in system/app
3. Mount r/w in system/app using root Explorer
4. Copy apk to system/app and rename it
5. Set permissions. I actually used this which worked for me
x x x
x
x
6. Mount system/app as r/o
7. Delete apk in data/app
8. Copy apk from system/app with rename to data/app
9. Reboot and run the sucka

Don't take any update in Goggle Play. BUT if after you did this apk switch you took the update -- don't fret. Because we installed the apk in system/app all you have to do is go back into the Play Store and select uninstall. It will revert back to the version we manually installed.

Thank you guys for hitting the thanks button. And you're welcome. It's cool knowing this is helping and working.

7495063934_3ff8222c88.jpg

This first screen starts with the W in grey scale and animates to color after your phone has been read by the merchant:

7491177020_ef930e5cd4.jpg

This is the following screen if all is going well. Actually, even if it isn't. I got this screen when the grocery store register said "RFID payment system not setup blah blah."

7491177630_a28f56a317.jpg

Last edited:

rohan32

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, trying now! Thanks!

EDIT: Gets hung up on "Activating Account" for me. Still gets further than before though!
I'm using the AT&T HTC One X

Last edited:

bairon85

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Tried it as well and it gets stuck at "Activating Account" and then says google wallet has stopped. Boo, I was really excited to go get some free McDonalds. :p

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried it as well and it gets stuck at "Activating Account" and then says google wallet has stopped. Boo, I was really excited to go get some free McDonalds. :p

I hate to say it, but you gotta just keep trying. It took me a couple tries too.

dover2015

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello I followed the steps above and got Wallet installed but would not work properly. Then I repeted the steps and still got the same error which is the one below. Anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

shamsyed

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The same issue is still coming up, there has to be a way to get past this issue with the keys, please give us a way everything else works fine, except for the permissions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel