Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [HOW TO] Install ClockworkMod (Recovery) on HTC One X!

I have compiled a simple and comprehensive guide on how to install ClockworkMod recovery on the international One X, granted your bootloader is unlocked.

(This may also work on the AT&T and/or Rogers One XL, but I haven't tried it)

So considering your bootloader is unlocked, and you have a custom recovery, along with fastboot files on your computer (used when unlocking bootloader) proceed with these steps:

1) Download the latest version of ClockworkMod (5.8.4.0) from here:

http://download.clockworkmod.com/rec...-endeavoru.img

2) Copy it to the folder on your computer with the fastboot files you have.

3) Press and hold the volume down and power button on your One X, don't worry if it takes a screenshot, keel the buttons pressed, till you are taken to the hboot screen (white screen with some text near the top).

3) Use the volume buttons to navigate and highlight 'fastboot' from the list. Press the volume button to select it.

4) Connect your phone to the computer, your phone should now say 'Fastboot USB.'

5) Open the folder on your computer with the CWM recovery file and fastboot files.

6) Press shift, and right click. Select 'Open Command Window Here' from the list.

7) In the command prompt window, type in:

fastboot erase cache
    Press enter.

Then type in:

fastboot flash recovery recovery file name.img
    Press Enter.

Then:

fastboot erase cache
    Press enter.

Then simply reboot your phone, you now have a custom recovery on your phone, which you can use to wipe cache, data, your sdcard, install custom ROMs, and lots more! To boot into recovery, go to the hboot screen again, and select 'recovery.'
    Done with this? Want to root your One X in less than 5 minutes? Check out my guide:

[HOW TO] Root your One X!

Lastly, enjoy, and do let me know If it works for you, ask me any question in this thread and I will do my best to reply to it ASAP, also, do HIT THANKS!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    HIT THANKS!
    Black HTC One X ROM: ViperX
    HOW TO root your One X, Install a custom Recovery, and Unroot it
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Reserved.

Default Re: [HOW TO] Install ClockworkMod (Recovery) on HTC One X!

Someone Please Sticky this post.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Someone Please Sticky this post.
    Really appreciate that comment And I believe this should be stickied as well:

[HOW TO] Root your One X!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

A much needed and IMO deserved Bump

HIT THANKS!

Hello, I have unlocked my bootloader and I followed your directions. Everything in the command prompt seemed fine, but when I choose recovery, I get the following result:

1) screen blacks for a second and then I see the usual HTC logo but under it it says:
    "This build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTCs written permission Failure to comply may result in legal action"

2)after maybe 10 seconds on that screen, it blacks again, and then boots into the OS as per normal, never allowing me into CWM.

I have done this many times and im completely lost....any ideas?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by KranK3r View Post
    Hello, I have unlocked my bootloader and I followed your directions. Everything in the command prompt seemed fine, but when I choose recovery, I get the following result:

1) screen blacks for a second and then I see the usual HTC logo but under it it says:
    "This build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTCs written permission Failure to comply may result in legal action"

2)after maybe 10 seconds on that screen, it blacks again, and then boots into the OS as per normal, never allowing me into CWM.

I have done this many times and im completely lost....any ideas?
    That's weird :S Are you sure it says 'UNLOCKED' in the boot loader? And try 'fastboot erase cache'

HIT THANKS!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

And do you have the Tegra 3 One X? Or the S4 one?

HIT THANKS!

how can i root my HTC One X+, anyone please help, i have unlocked the bootloader, but clockwork doesnt load, the screen just goes black?????

-------------------------------------
    Start your job search
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by iamjaay View Post
    how can i root my HTC One X+, anyone please help, i have unlocked the bootloader, but clockwork doesnt load, the screen just goes black?????

-------------------------------------
    Start your job search
    This is for the One X (EndeavorU) I do not know whether it will work with the One X+ or not, try fastboot erase cache

HIT THANKS!

the US at&t oneX....i used the djrbliss workaround to unlock the bootloader and then followed your directions

i used erase cache both before and after the flash just as per your instructions....and yes, the bootloader says "tampered" and "unlocked" at the top
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by KranK3r View Post
    i used erase cache both before and after the flash just as per your instructions....and yes, the bootloader says "tampered" and "unlocked" at the top
    Go to clockworkmod.com, go to the ROM Manager tab, and check if there is any recovery specifically for the AT&T One X (Evita) maybe this one I posted is just for the EndeavorU

HIT THANKS!

i've done everything in this tutorial but when i select recover from fastboot i get a red triangle. what have i done wrong and how do i fix it?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by verminatorno5 View Post
    i've done everything in this tutorial but when i select recover from fastboot i get a red triangle. what have i done wrong and how do i fix it?
    Check my previous post, the one before yours

HIT THANKS!

ROM
    CM10 nightly

I tried this and it simply got stuck at the "for developmental purposes only screen" first try in flashing twrp 2.3.1.0 and it worked perfectly. so be careful

*edit and yes i tried both official versions
    If someone has helped you or provided useful information, please click the "Like" or "Thanks" button on their posts.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM 10.1 and AOKP 4.2 RP

I've managed to change the CID and got the unlock token, but I'm having trouble with the dev tools the HTC site says u need. Where should I go for help with that, because right now, my phone is in a kind of limbo.

Optimus G Pro, running CarbonROM 4.3!

So I'm having the same issue where it just gets stuck on the "development use only" screen. My AT&T One X is unlocked, but not rooted. Before I put TWRP on there do I have to do something to remove Clockwork? And I thought I saw that root is required to use TWRP. Is this true? Help is appreciated, I am very new to this.

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Thumbs up Re: [HOW TO] Install ClockworkMod (Recovery) on HTC One X!

Quote Originally Posted by erethangbagel View Post
    So I'm having the same issue where it just gets stuck on the "development use only" screen. My AT&T One X is unlocked, but not rooted. Before I put TWRP on there do I have to do something to remove Clockwork? And I thought I saw that root is required to use TWRP. Is this true? Help is appreciated, I am very new to this.
    Anyone using the AT&T one x(L) should NEVER use CWM.. It is not designed for our phone. Use TWRP--- [TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V1.1 [10-28-12] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] - xda-developers

Use this toolkit, follow directions closely and you should be good
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
    Thanked by:

I NEED HELP!!!! I flashed Clean Rom to my One X and it got stuck in a boot loop, so I finally figured out how to get to my recovery and I was going to wipe, and restore it and when I went to restore I have nothing!!! So I went to install zip and I also have nothing! So how can I download the rom that was on it which was jellybam, and reinstall it???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by ukksh21 View Post
    I NEED HELP!!!! I flashed Clean Rom to my One X and it got stuck in a boot loop, so I finally figured out how to get to my recovery and I was going to wipe, and restore it and when I went to restore I have nothing!!! So I went to install zip and I also have nothing! So how can I download the rom that was on it which was jellybam, and reinstall it???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
    Plug your phone into the pc, while in recovery, go to mount/advanced and mount as USB drive... it should show up on your pc (if it comes up as corrupted, download SD card Formatter, and format it)

If you can drag and drop files once you mount, copy rom from pc (download it to pc if you haven't already) and flash it.. reboot to bootloader and flash boot.img if you have hboot 1.14 (once in bootloader, it should tell you what hboot you have)

Reboot, and let it bootloop once or twice before you decide to force reboot to recovery. It should boot fine though

And for future reference, copy your backups to pc before flashing new Roms... I had the same thing happen before, and have been backing up stuff to pc this way ever since
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!

THanks

this phone is a pain. i need a new one.

Global Posts
    4,373 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Tapaha View Post
    this phone is a pain. i need a new one.
    I disagree. The AT&T One X is great.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
    Kyle Tapaha likes this.

i miss cyanogenmod.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I disagree. The AT&T One X is great.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast