Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Removing a mod

Hi guys
    Is there anyway once I get Cyanogenmod to fully remove it so my One X is exactly the same as before I installed it? I want to be able to revert if I don't like it.
    Thanks

Default Re: Removing a mod

Ohyes. All custom rims can be removed from a phone. Even Official ones.

There's RUU, and Stock custom roms, and a nandroid backup, if you make one

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by justein View Post
    Hi guys
    Is there anyway once I get Cyanogenmod to fully remove it so my One X is exactly the same as before I installed it? I want to be able to revert if I don't like it.
    Thanks
    Create a backup from Recovery before flashing anything. Then you can restore it to stock, or wherever else you create a save.

You should get in the habit right from the start of always performing a backup before flashing. This way you have a known working backup to return to in the event of something not functioning correctly or because you don't like the outcome.

Always, make a stock backup of your "bone stock" rooted device before flashing your first ROM. Save this backup in particular so you have that to return back to.

Worst case situation you have to unroot and use the restore to factory methods to return your device to factory stock as you purchased it.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    You should get in the habit right from the start of always performing a backup before flashing. This way you have a known working backup to return to in the event of something not functioning correctly or because you don't like the outcome.

Always, make a stock backup of your "bone stock" rooted device before flashing your first ROM. Save this backup in particular so you have that to return back to.

Worst case situation you have to unroot and use the restore to factory methods to return your device to factory stock as you purchased it.
    How would I do that?

One of the steps, usually when rooting/unlocking the device is to install a Custom Recovery. For our device, that is TWRP. To access Recovery mode, is VOLDWN+POWER when the device is off, holding down until the lights blink a few times, then letting go of power. Choose Recovery, and then BACKUP give it a name and GO.