Superuser file?

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've finally managed to unlock the bootloader on this thing (what a relief), and now I want to flash a ROM. I've been hearing mention of some file called Superuser, how would I acquire such a thing?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What about TWRP or other custom recoveries? Do I need one of those, or can I just go ahead with CM10?

TWRP / CWM needs to be on your device to flash a custom ROM unless your using ROM Manager or Goo to aid in downloading and installing/flashing.

You can't use the stock recovery to flash custom ROMS or kernels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2 using SwiftKey Flow :-D

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried to flash TWRP, but after I followed the instructions and about three seconds of waiting, it said it was done. Absolutely nothing happened on my phone. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure it is TWRP 2.3.1.0 .... Don't freak out if it doesn't work the first time, double check how you are spelling the file name out, I know the first time I did it I left the (-) hyphens out and it did the same thing. If that still doesn't work, reboot into your bootloader again and make sure it says "unlocked"

Edit: check the forums ( xda) to see if anyone else had the same exact issue and if they resolved it. You will run into roadblocks here and there with different stuff-- installing the rom correctly and what not (before you run ANY rom, make a back up of stock htc rom in TWRP).. Don't sweat it, just keep reading the workarounds and you'll get everything running right.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon