Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Any Jelly Bean Sense Roms?

I just got tthe One X on Tuesday (for $0.99 Hell yeah) and really like sense I always have since I got my HTC Inspire 4g. But HTC really dropped the ball with multitasking. If I leave an app for more then 5 seconds it will reload and I know that is 'saves battery life' and I know thats how it's supposed to be like that but I hate it its like I'm back on my old iPhone 3g without multitasking. Are there any STABLE sense roms with jelly bean? If not what is the best ICS sense rom? And real multitasking is a must have!

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: Any Jelly Bean Sense Roms?

No sense jelly bean roms til it's released through att/the carriers... But the BEST sense rom is Team Venoms Viper XL Rom.. Has AOSP multi tasking option, super smooth OS, and crazy good battery life

Edit: once the jelly bean update comes out (should be very soon) team venom will update through the OTA updater in this rom
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle69 View Post
    No sense jelly bean roms til it's released through att/the carriers... But the BEST sense rom is Team Venoms Viper XL Rom.. Has AOSP multi tasking option, super smooth OS, and crazy good battery life

Edit: once the jelly bean update comes out (should be very soon) team venom will update through the OTA updater in this rom
    Yeah I know it won't be that long away but I just hate what HTC did to the multitasking

Yeah, it is ignorable, up until it bites you in some particular way. I didn't mind the reloading, until it caused me to lose changes in a text file everytime I switched apps. ViperXL multitasking is so far in the opposite direction, it is a slight problem as well. In Viper, you pretty much have to manually remove apps from the list, or it NEVER forgets they are open. Your phone will end up running like crap, due to too many apps being opened, if you do not manage it on your own. I like it this way much better than HTC, but stock memory handling is better- it just works like you want, no manual effort or management needed. One of my draws to use CM is because of the multitasking. The standard multitasking mod you can flash on Sense Roms works well to make it behave like stock multi.

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    Yeah, it is ignorable, up until it bites you in some particular way. I didn't mind the reloading, until it caused me to lose changes in a text file everytime I switched apps. ViperXL multitasking is so far in the opposite direction, it is a slight problem as well. In Viper, you pretty much have to manually remove apps from the list, or it NEVER forgets they are open. Your phone will end up running like crap, due to too many apps being opened, if you do not manage it on your own. I like it this way much better than HTC, but stock memory handling is better- it just works like you want, no manual effort or management needed. One of my draws to use CM is because of the multitasking. The standard multitasking mod you can flash on Sense Roms works well to make it behave like stock multi.
    Don't know what version you are running, but I'm on viper XL and I have multitasking set like cm style, and it works great.. And I'm not manually going in and closing apps... Just make sure you don't max your background running apps in settings and you should be good
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!