Reasonably major battery issue

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So. I flashed Nocturnal'd ROM, and I'm loving it. Except for when my battery runs low. Almost invariably upon reaching 8%, my phone forgets that numbers exist and jumps to 2 after like a minute. Any way to fix this?

Sent from my One X rocking Nocturnal'd Dirty ROM 4.1

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yea I've had that happen to me. I just let it die and let it charge all the way back up. And If it's consistent boot to recovery, clear cache and dalvik cache. If that doesn't work I usually give up and flash cleanROM. Seems to be the only consistently smooth/stable ROM I've used.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Go back to the forum, download the new update where you found the original, it should be labeled 2.4c... Flash it with flash GUI app, reboot to recovery and flash it in TWRP (first boot takes a little longer, if it boot loops once you are ok). You can dirty flash it-- don't have to wipe anything, but I usually wipe cache afterword anyhow...

When you dirty flash (never do this when switching to different rom), all your apps and data for said apps should stay where they are. Just as a precaution, you SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE A BACK UP IN TWRP before flashing anything... Just in case anything goes wrong, you can always come back to where you were (just remember if something does happen/ boot looping nonstop/won't boot, you will need to fastboot the previous zip through your PC, then go into TWRP and restore your back up)

EDIT: the reason I left the explanation for dirty flash is because that is how I always do it, only had one instance where it would not boot and had to plug into the PC and fastboot, then install... You can always just do a fresh install (wipe everything, then flash), some people do this with every update and just recover apps with titanium back up...

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It won't let me sign into my Google account...

Never mind. I got it.

Sent from my One X rocking Nocturnal'd Dirty ROM 4.1

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power