I'm new lots of questions (:

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't gotten my phone yet, I get it tomorrow :) but I have some questions. I came from the htc design I've used other android phones to. I AM NOT A DEVELOPER. Now to my questions :)

Is the root all in one tool a custom software that you can root you phone basically hands free ?

MY biggest question. Is your community a friendly one?

How's the dev support? I can from a phone who hadn't had an update since august of last year. I'm sure that's no problem here :)

I use straight talk does 4G work? And will I have to change anything to get mms?

Can I flash one xl/+ roms? Or are they all the same ?

Like I said I'm new you guys will see me ALOT after tomorrow(when I get my phone) I can't wait :)

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Over at xda, the forums and members are really friendly, helpful. Viper XL is the best sense rom, jellybam 4.0 (4.1.2) it's probably the best ASOP rom . These are opinions of course, just gotta test out the Roms to see what you like

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Over at xda, the forums and members are really friendly, helpful. Viper XL is the best sense rom, jellybam 4.0 (4.1.2) it's probably the best ASOP rom . These are opinions of course, just gotta test out the Roms to see what you like

Thank you :) if I have an htc one XL can I flash HOX roms? Or vice versa? I'm getting it tomorrow but not exactly sure which I will be getting.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
NO! Haha, never flash Roms designed phones other than your own, it will brick your phone. Make sure you use TWRP recovery as well.

The one x is the international one x, tegra processor. One XL is our phone, S4 dual core (AT&T/telus/Rogers)

Same goes for the one x+, different device, only flash Roms meant for that phone

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
NO! Haha, never flash Roms designed phones other than your own, it will brick your phone. Make sure you use TWRP recovery as well.

The one x is the international one x, tegra processor. One XL is our phone, S4 dual core (AT&T/telus/Rogers)

Same goes for the one x+, different device, only flash Roms meant for that phone

I know about recoveries and such. But where I came from there was the hero, kingdom, and the design (all htc) and they were generally the same phone and shared roms, close to the three one series so i was confused sorry :)

And our phone would be the XL? Which is the united states? Is that correct? If so how would I know for sure? I don't wanna brick the first day of having it.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Once you get it, come back on here and we well discuss it.. the One XL has LTE (so does the one XL+ but the + has a few cosmetic differences that you will be able to tell which is which). The international one x has the HTC logo at the top of the screen (some one xl's from Canada carriers have this too though)

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Would I still have to use a computer to flash roms? Via fast boot. To get into a fully working recovery? Or could I just go into recovery and flash zips without a computer?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Use the toolkit to downgrade your Hboot to 1.09 and it will be just like you are used to. If you keep 1.14 or newer Hboot, you have extra step of flashing boot.img using one of the methods (except for Viper, which does it for you). You do not need a computer (once rooted/unlocked) unless you stick with new Hboot AND do not use the flash GUI tools.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to downgrade the bootloader, you can just use Flash GUI app to flash the rom> then go to recovery and flash it again. This is what I do, and it's easy, no PC needed

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to downgrade the bootloader, you can just use Flash GUI app to flash the rom> then go to recovery and flash it again. This is what I do, and it's easy, no PC needed

I got my phone YAY :)

But downgrading the downloader what would be the disadvantages of that?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
downgrading the bootloader will allow you to flash straight from recovery (Without flashing boot.img beforehand) and flashing radios as well (some radios get better performance/battery life).

I didn't do this because it requires Linux (or a liveCD of it) and I have no experience in it. Upon reading through the forum for Jet (Bootloader downgrader) I read that it is easy to brick the phone, and I didn't want to take the chance. I'm sure it's easier than I've read up on, but it's just not worth it to me... I have no need to change radios and flash gui works like a charm for me

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
yry6yzur.jpg

Why's mine say dual core? I thought it was quad?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
no, that's the international version you are thinking of that has quad (and the one x+).... this processor is a beast, dont let the dual core fool you, and its more battery efficient than the international version

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
no, that's the international version you are thinking of that has quad (and the one x+).... this processor is a beast, dont let the dual core fool you, and its more battery efficient than the international version

Makes since :) I did a quadrant test on stock and was way over even over the one x. I'll show you hold on.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci