- 01-31-2013, 07:20 PM #2
It allows the device software to communicate with the device hardware.
Flashing custom kernal has many advantages. Some allow you to over or unclock your devices processor or Over/under Volt your devices power consumption. Some simply allow custom boot animation. Some are designed for smoothness others for longer battery life. My advice is to find the kernal you are interested in and ask what it was designed for .
- 01-31-2013, 10:02 PM #3
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 80Last Post: 09-24-2013, 12:30 AM
- By SteveC in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-18-2010, 09:31 PM
- By Yahma in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 5Last Post: 02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 70Last Post: 02-10-2010, 03:14 AM
- By alottabull in forum HTC HeroReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:09 AM