A couple 4.2 ROMs for your enjoyment

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I was poking around XDA earlier this evening, and happened to stumble upon two 4.2 AOSP ROMs. There's CM10 for the people who enjoy that particular ROM, and for those who love unicorns, AOKP. Neither of these are entirely stable, but they're mostly functional. I also have here Jellybam 5.2.

CM10.1: [ROM][4.2.1] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL - xda-developers

AOKP: [ROM][4.2.1][12/25][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP Jellybean 4.2.1 MR1 Release Preview 1.1 - xda-developers

JellyBam: http://www.igio90.net/device/htc-one-xl-evita/[/url

Last edited:

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have never stayed on a rom longer than a few days, I'm actually shocked I haven't hopped off of Viper yet haha... Once I get that hankerin, I'll definitely be on both of these.

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently having trouble with android.process.acore on AOKP. Failing consistently. It's probably my fault, since it's been working for others, but it fails often enough to be a deal breaker. I'd try CM for now.

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Same. Since I've got some time, I'm going to try to put the CM camera into AOKP, because the latter's camera is completely busted.

Never mind. I can't figure out where the camera files are. Now all I'm doing is putting some apps into AOKP that were in CM that I like.

AAAAAND it broke. Not gonna try that for a while.

Last edited:

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya, you have to make a flashable zip in order to change stuff like that... The only reason I ever switched off of CM or AOKP is because the camera software isn't nearly as good as what HTC has in sense... But everything else is streamlined in those roms though

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I just wish they could do something to use the ImageChip in AOKP.. Luckily I don't use my camera that much.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The latest unofficial CM 10.1 that is out, has the camera working pretty good and 720p video (only) working. GPS is still crap, and there is slight screen tearing... but it runs very nice otherwise. I would guess the other guys will get the fix added into theirs soon. I don't think it got posted until Friday, and it usually takes a few days for the CM code based ROMs to grab these unofficial tidbits. I bet it gets fixed soon.

mbcastle

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed the 2/17 build of CM to check out 4.2. I'm kind of liking it so far, but I may end up back on Viper. That ROM is hard to beat.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed the 2/17 build of CM to check out 4.2. I'm kind of liking it so far, but I may end up back on Viper. That ROM is hard to beat.

Especially with elemental 4.4 vanilla.... gives it better battery and performance...insanity haha

mbcastle

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Viper is good, but I've gotta say I'm really liking CM 10.1 so far. I like the little enhancements in Android 4.2 vs. 4.1, and for some reason my WiFi at home is working much better than with either stock ICS or Viper. Before I'd have to sometimes walk around the room to get the data flowing, whereas there's been none of that so far with CM. Also, this is the first ROM without Sense I've used, and so far I don't miss it - even the camera seems OK. Pretty darn impressed - especially this being a nightly "experimental" build. :D

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Keep updated... the nightly has gps working again, and the screen tearing is nearly gone. Sounds like the work is to get synced to the nexus 4 kernel, which will keep us as up to date as is possible for a while. Looking forward to that!

Having fun playing with the lock screen widgets.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Viper is good, but I've gotta say I'm really liking CM 10.1 so far. I like the little enhancements in Android 4.2 vs. 4.1, and for some reason my WiFi at home is working much better than with either stock ICS or Viper. Before I'd have to sometimes walk around the room to get the data flowing, whereas there's been none of that so far with CM. Also, this is the first ROM without Sense I've used, and so far I don't miss it - even the camera seems OK. Pretty darn impressed - especially this being a nightly "experimental" build. :D

Sense camera definitely owns all... have you tried viper senseless? It's AOSP with sense camera, it's awesome... but you are right..cm is the shiz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira