Stock nandroid back up

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a stock back up they could upload for me or point me to? My stupid self forgot to do that after rooting and flashed being excited. So could someone help me please?? :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Over at xda, they have stock Roms/ruus that you can use if you ever want to go back.

I'd personally look at the plain stock Roms like clean rom 5.1, it's basically the same exact thing minus the bloat ware

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Over at xda, they have stock Roms/ruus that you can use if you ever want to go back.

I'd personally look at the plain stock Roms like clean rom 5.1, it's basically the same exact thing minus the bloat ware

Thank you. I read somewhere you can't go back after you go to jellybean is that true? I'm on viper. I'd hate to never be able to go back to stock...

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I read somewhere you can't go back after you go to jellybean is that true? I'm on viper. I'd hate to never be able to go back to stock...

You can't go back to stock ics...you can always go to stock jb... It's not available yet though.

But you can flash a stock rom whenever you want, like clean Rom 5.1 (ics)... Just stick to flashing roms.. once HTC releases the ruu for the Evita (our phone) you will be able to go to that if you must.

Sent from my HTC Evita ViperXL

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You can't go back to stock ics...you can always go to stock jb... It's not available yet though.

But you can flash a stock rom whenever you want, like clean Rom 5.1 (ics)... Just stick to flashing roms.. once HTC releases the ruu for the Evita (our phone) you will be able to go to that if you must.

Sent from my HTC Evita ViperXL

No I just need something to fall back on you know? And I'm enjoying viper :) do you recommend anything else?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well that was what I was suggesting, using another "stock" rom, to fall back on if you ever needed it.

If you're wanting to check out other Roms, I'd suggest Jellybam (make sure you download version 4.0 or 4.1- version 5+ have issues).. and don't forget, viper is the only rom that will flash boot.img for you, so if you are switching:

Reboot to recovery> make a back up of viper, then reboot system.
Once you are booted back into viper> open flash GUI and flash the next rom.zip you want.
Now reboot to recovery, go to wipe, and factory reset.
Back out to the main menu of twrp recovery after the factory reset>install new rom.zip... and it should boot fine.

With jellybam, there is an animation issue with the boot animation, don't be alarmed when it flashes white every other second... if after 8 minutes or so, if you are not booted into the rom, force a reboot by holding the power button down until the screen turns off... it should boot at this point.. if not, go back into recovery and wipe + reinstall

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well that was what I was suggesting, using another "stock" rom, to fall back on if you ever needed it.

If you're wanting to check out other Roms, I'd suggest Jellybam (make sure you download version 4.0 or 4.1- version 5+ have issues).. and don't forget, viper is the only rom that will flash boot.img for you, so if you are switching:

Reboot to recovery> make a back up of viper, then reboot system.
Once you are booted back into viper> open flash GUI and flash the next rom.zip you want.
Now reboot to recovery, go to wipe, and factory reset.
Back out to the main menu of twrp recovery after the factory reset>install new rom.zip... and it should boot fine.

With jellybam, there is an animation issue with the boot animation, don't be alarmed when it flashes white every other second... if after 8 minutes or so, if you are not booted into the rom, force a reboot by holding the power button down until the screen turns off... it should boot at this point.. if not, go back into recovery and wipe + reinstall

Thank you :) I was just needing some other suggestions. I see this phone has much love. By the developers. My old phone hasn't had an rom update for 8 months. Glad I bought this. It's just a little silly how the rims have to be flashed. Do to HTC...