What am I doing wrong now?

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I had ViperXl 3.1 on I think that was the version. I thought maybe I would try another rom again. I used the GUI flash app from the google store and flashed what I thought was the JellyBam boot img. Things looked good there.With TWRP on I went to recovery and wipe devcach and system. Went to the install tab and tried to install JellyBam 5.1 that went ok, then it wanted to reboot . Ok , did that . the Cyangenmod circle came on spinning for a long time. Then it went to udateing apps. Then a screen flashed with Wecome and the language setup. From there it went downhill. Messages started flashing this and that stopped working etc. One last message popped up something like com.android.phone stopped working with ok at the bottom I hit ok and it just came back on repeatably. I rebooted and got the same thing all over again. Went back to recovery and wiped delvcach or ?? the tab is. then system and did a recovery to the ViperXL . now it just boots to the htc brilliant screen with red words about development then the Viper screen comes on then goes black and back to the htc screen. What did I do ?

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing a lot of reading on rooting , flashing ,ADB , etc. Learning a whole new system from Microsoft. I have read in a few posts about the Hboot thing and Hboot down grade. Seems this Hboot 1.14 is something else to deal with. I don't understand what the thing is about one version or the other. But, would it help to down grade Hboot? and too what if so . Whats the thing about Radio this and that ? Still haven't figured that out.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hboot downgrade is supposedly really easy. I didn't do that myself, I have no need to flash radios. Also, it is a possibility that you can brick your phone by doing so. I don't have issues with flash gui app, so I decided to not use Jet downgrader.

People flash radios to get better signal and battery life (these go hand in hand) and most importantly, no need to flash boot.img when flashing

failmatic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Dont worry about the hboot too much at this point. Little benifits for someone who only wants roms. Lets start off assuming you have bootloader unlocked and that you have the JellyBam rom zip in your HOX storage already and also on your desktop
1. run [TOOL] HTC One X (Evita) All-In-One Toolkit V2.1.1 [2-1-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] - xda-developers
2. Boot into bootloader. Hook up to computer, it shoulds be in FastBoot USB
3. Grab the boot.img from the jellybam rom zip
4. Choose flash kernal from toolbox, direct it toward the jellybam's boot.img
5. On phone, boot in TWRP
6. WIPE - factory reset
7. Flash Jellybam zip
8. reboot to phone, it should work properly

every time you flash a new rom, you need to do reflash kernal from the rom's zip again
every time you flash a new update on the same rom, be safe and reflash the kernal but no need to do wipe
every time you flash aosp that says you need GAPPS, flash GAPPS after you flash rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2