Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Another question about usb drivers

I am using a HP desktop with Windows 7. A HTC one x att with ViperXL , my desktop keeps loosing the drivers for the HTC all of them. I wont show as My HTC in the device manager. The HTC driver installer don't show in the control panel as installed. It wont connect as a disk drive nothing. I use AOI for the HTC one x and install drivers and all works fine, in a day or so, the drivers disappear back to the question. It won't keep the drivers , why?

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: Another question about usb drivers

I would suggest to uninstall HTC sync manager, then reinstall it.. then go to device manager and try to update drivers
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle69 View Post
    I would suggest to uninstall HTC sync manager, then reinstall it.. then go to device manager and try to update drivers
    I have done this. There is no reference to HTC anywhere in the device manager untill I reinstall the drivers which I usually do thru the AOI .but what I don't understand is why after uninstalling HTC sync manager and reinstalling the drivers one day , the next day they are gone and have to do it again.

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

That is strange.. I'm not sure
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!

I was having an issue with mounting storage on my pc, in that was completely not working. I googled around and found an xda thread with the same issue. The solution was to flash the latest OTA update from the Viper XL thread over your current ROM of the same version. So if you're on, say, 3.2.3, grab the Flashable OTA Update from the 2nd post that says 3.2.2. > 3.2.3, copy that to your internal storage and flash that through recovery over your existing rom. I did it and it worked for me.

Now, if you can't mount as usb storage, you can get it on your devices by using adb to push that .zip file over. Copy the .zip into your directory containing your adb files, and use command:

adb push WhateverFileName.zip /sdcard/

Make sure you have the right name of the .zip you're trying to push. I don't know if this will fix the issue you're having, but it's worth a try.