I Need Help Upgrading My Bootloader!

Mark Cooper2

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a rooted HTC one X for AT&T with an unlocked bootloader, but my Hboot it is stuck on 1.19.0002 and S is On. I am currently running Clean Rom 6, since this is the only Jelly Bean rom I can get to work, on my phone. I would like to able to run other roms like CM 10.1, but I think I need a updated Hboot. Also my CID is CWS_001. Does any body know if and how I can upgrade my Hboot or be able to run 4.2 roms?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe your hboot is probably 1.14... don't think I've ever heard of 1.19 (there is 1.09)... there is no need to upgrade or downgrade hboot, you should S-OFF your device, it is very simple if you follow the directions.
Once you achieve S-OFF, you can flash anything and everything (designed for your phone)

Also, you can flash any rom without doing any of this, you just have to flash the boot.img of the rom before or after you flash it in twrp

Mark Cooper2

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have tried several times installing roms by flashing the boot.img, but when I install the rom.zip file, Twarp Recovery shows Failed. I do a factory and system wipe. What am I doing wrong? Also, I read somewhere to try installing the rom using the app Flash GUI, which I bought and tried and still when I flash the rom.zip file it says Failed.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If your phone took the JB OTA, I think it updates your HBOOT to 2.14 and also causes a touchscreen firmware issue. This link here, I believe, if you took the JB OTA.

[How-To] Downgrade your Touch Panel's firmware (and upgrade back) - xda-developers

Please heed the warnings on that thread. Whether or not that is needed anymore with S OFF, I can't say for sure... but I don't think you do. I think that once you get S OFF, you can just change your HBOOT without this other thread? But I suspect your issue is HBOOT 2.14 and/or SOFF. There is also an issue with the 2.4 series of TWRP not flashing ROMs correctly. CleanROM for example, I had to revert to get it to work. I don't think that is the issue you are describing however.

Mark Cooper2

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I had rooted my phone like a week before the JB OTA and when I tried to install the OTA, it erased my phone. So, today, I was able to get AOKP 4.1.2 Rom to install. I am glad to have that, but would eventually like to be able to upgrade past that, which every 4.2 rom says you have to have a Hboot verson of 1.3X or higher. Also, when reading how to turn S off, it mentions installing a patch file in my working directory. What exactly are they talking about? Is my working directory on my phone or on my desktop computer?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That guide is referring to your computer, and the directory you happen to be in while issuing the command prompt commands. While not difficult, getting everything setup for that is not trivial.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My 2 cents worth, IF you took the OTA upgrade and it went to the 3.18. you have to downgrade the touch screen as Bizzle says before you can get Roms like CM to work the touch screen is unresponsive with those roms. Even I found out that the TWRP touch screen is unresponsive if you did the OTA and you have to down grade the touch screen. AS Bizzle says be VERY CAREFULL IF YOU DO, follow directons carefully follow this link for the directions and download [How-To] Downgrade your Touch Panel's firmware (and upgrade back) - xda-developers. Also this link [INDEX] AT&T/ROGERS One X Resources Compilation Roll-Up (Updated 4/4/13) - xda-developers gives you all the information on most everything you need to get it going right, REMEMBER TO READ all before doing anything and be carefull in what you do.

FIDLAR

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Backup your ROM, downgrade the touch panel just in case, and flash the CM ROM (I'm using Cory's unofficial CM 10.1). If it doesn't work then just restore the backup.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance