Jellybam 7.0

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone install this yet? Dunno if I had a bad download or not, but after splash screen it goes black, no animation. Buttons were responsive though.

Gonna double check the size and whatnot and redownload

shawncooke1

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Same exact problem. I have downloaded it from every link possible, and tried every trick I know of. Clean install, wipe cache, fix permissions, take sd card out. Still wont get past a very quick flash of the Galaxy S3 screen, then black screen. Soft keys are responsive, but no screen to be seen. Flashed back to 6.7, which I can't get camera app working right. Have to let it install to internal memory. Installed different gallery.apk file, but then the camera freezes up and says "camera error, can't connect to the camera". 6.5 was my most stable. Please help
:-\

hammy2481

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
flashed this multiple times never got it to work. Read somewhere it takes 2-10 minutes on first install but I never got past a black screen with the buttons light up.

Ryan

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Such a disappointment,I have 7.0 running on my nexus 7 and its amazing..want to test it out on my one x! Guess I'll just have to wait

Sent from my JellyBammed Nexus 7

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Other Evita users on Jellybam's FB page were also having the same problem. I guess your best bet is to roll back to a previous version (I recommend 6.4; best version IMO.)

Fingers crossed Gio pushes out a fix soon though, really wanted to reflash this.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Other Evita users on Jellybam's FB page were also having the same problem. I guess your best bet is to roll back to a previous version (I recommend 6.4; best version IMO.)

Fingers crossed Gio pushes out a fix soon though, really wanted to reflash this.

I installed 6.6 for a bit and everything seemed fine... any kernel you've used with jellybam? Or just stock

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I installed 6.6 for a bit and everything seemed fine... any kernel you've used with jellybam? Or just stock

I haven't heard of any kernels for our device on 4.2 ROMs. On Viper I use Elemental, and on 4.1 AOSP ROMs I used Rohan kernel. So in short, stock for me.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard of any kernels for our device on 4.2 ROMs. On Viper I use Elemental, and on 4.1 AOSP ROMs I used Rohan kernel. So in short, stock for me.

Ya,I did some digging and rohan has two betas for 4.2.x... Gonna hold off for a while

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Someone on Jellybam's Facebook (with an s3) has the same issue, they solved it by: flashing 7.0, then going into twrp and restore boot only from a 6.6 backup...

I'm waiting to try this myself until maybe igio fixes it himself

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Tell me if this works, because I'm generally becoming rather dissatisfied with Viper and wish to return to JellyBam.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Tell me if this works, because I'm generally becoming rather dissatisfied with Viper and wish to return to JellyBam.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Have you tried liquid smooth from rohan, shows he updated on the 17th... I may have a go at that now

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Seriously guys, try liquid smooth by rohan... get your 4.2.2 fix, and it runs great! He is coming out with a kernel for it that allows sleep2wake

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
7.1 is out! And it doesn't boot! Just like 7.0....I'm convinced GiO doesn't give a damn about HTC devices... I'm going to attempt to flash 6.6, back up the boot of it, clean install 7.1 and restore boot to see if it works..

EDIT: installing 7.1, then restoring boot from 6.6 DOES NOT WORK... I'm going to run 6.6 for a little while, and if nothing is done to fix 7.x, I'll be done with jellybam for my Evita... liquid smooth is more than good enough.

Last edited:

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
7.1 is out! And it doesn't boot! Just like 7.0....I'm convinced GiO doesn't give a damn about HTC devices... I'm going to attempt to flash 6.6, back up the boot of it, clean install 7.1 and restore boot to see if it works..

EDIT: installing 7.1, then restoring boot from 6.6 DOES NOT WORK... I'm going to run 6.6 for a little while, and if nothing is done to fix 7.x, I'll be done with jellybam for my Evita... liquid smooth is more than good enough.

Im sure you know.. but Ill reiterate... if it wont go past the boot animation... then its obviously a kernel issue. Not the ROM. Try different Kernels and make sure you are using fastboot unless you have S-off. good luck

PS. Jellybam was working on the One S. I cannot see it being much different.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up! I was about to jump on that as soon as I got home.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Im sure you know.. but Ill reiterate... if it wont go past the boot animation... then its obviously a kernel issue. Not the ROM. Try different Kernels and make sure you are using fastboot unless you have S-off. good luck

PS. Jellybam was working on the One S. I cannot see it being much different.

So since when did igio not include the kernel? He always has, and the one s is a different device. The Evita (our device) had this issue with 7.0 and 7.1...he's doing something different compiling or something

Yes,I have s off and I've exhausted many options, but I will try to flash a different kernel.

Well, I tried to flash a separate kernel on both 7.0 and 7.1..no dice...this is so frustrating because jellybam has always been my favorite AOSP

Last edited:

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So since when did igio not include the kernel? He always has, and the one s is a different device. The Evita (our device) had this issue with 7.0 and 7.1...he's doing something different compiling or something

Yes,I have s off and I've exhausted many options, but I will try to flash a different kernel.

Well, I tried to flash a separate kernel on both 7.0 and 7.1..no dice...this is so frustrating because jellybam has always been my favorite AOSP

Dang... that sucks
I looked on XDA and noticed that the developer for Jellybam on the One S stopped the updates. We only have Jellybam 6.3.
but if I was you... Id wipe the kernel completely using this [MOD][SCRIPT] SuperWipe Script & Kernel Cleaning Script - xda-developers
Then Id use fastboot to flash the desired Kernel boot.img (I know you have S-off, but doesnt hurt to make sure)
then flash the ROM and Kernel you want. (I guess you could use the stock kernel with the ROM... but it just sounds like it isnt working)

Im not too certain on the One X... but the One S has some devices that are more sensitive than others (thats what we call it for the devices that cannot get the camera, gps, wifi, to work when everyone elses works fine)
So maybe you have a sensitive One X.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Dang... that sucks
I looked on XDA and noticed that the developer for Jellybam on the One S stopped the updates. We only have Jellybam 6.3.
but if I was you... Id wipe the kernel completely using this [MOD][SCRIPT] SuperWipe Script & Kernel Cleaning Script - xda-developers
Then Id use fastboot to flash the desired Kernel boot.img (I know you have S-off, but doesnt hurt to make sure)
then flash the ROM and Kernel you want. (I guess you could use the stock kernel with the ROM... but it just sounds like it isnt working)

Im not too certain on the One X... but the One S has some devices that are more sensitive than others (thats what we call it for the devices that cannot get the camera, gps, wifi, to work when everyone elses works fine)
So maybe you have a sensitive One X.

Naw.. my one XL has been put through the tests,I don't get the gyroscope issues or inability to run it with lower voltages. I've run stability tests on everything, haven't had an issue with other AOSP Roms either.

Best place to keep up to date on Jellybam is www.modmydroid.net and select jellybam from the menu.. they have a forum over there as well, pretty sure the one s is still getting updates