Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ROM
    LeafRom 0.2

Default Asap Please

Hi. I got a at&t HTC One X but it's not going to be activated. So i have everything from Unlocked BL and rooted with SuperSU but I had used a Mac with all this. Now i'm wondering if anyone can give me a step-by-step process on how to get s-off on this One X with Mac?

Default Re: Asap Please

[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC One XL - xda-developers

Above is the only information about SOFF that I know about. Says all you need is working adb/fastboot environment. Not sure if you can do that on a Mac, so if not, you may also have to buy a 6 pack and stop by a friend's place to do it. Perfect excuse to drink a few with a bud doing geeky stuff.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ROM
    LeafRom 0.2

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC One XL - xda-developers

Above is the only information about SOFF that I know about. Says all you need is working adb/fastboot environment. Not sure if you can do that on a Mac, so if not, you may also have to buy a 6 pack and stop by a friend's place to do it. Perfect excuse to drink a few with a bud doing geeky stuff.
    Yeah thanks but most friends I have also have Mac since were all studying computer science.haha

Quote Originally Posted by jesuspantaleon1993 View Post
    Yeah thanks but most friends I have also have Mac since were all studying computer science.haha
    Computer Science majors that avoid using a PC, end up working at Starbucks as a coffee barista, telling people that Macs are cool.

You could grab a Windows XP virtual image from Microsoft that will run on virtual box on your Mac. That would probably do the trick (after you installed the Android SDK then on the virtual box). Microsoft has these for free use for 30-90 days I believe, and it is easy enough to get another one later if needed.

Googled this site up, links point to MS, so probably fine. You may want to look further first though

Download Free Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 VHD Image Files for Microsoft Virtual PC - Tweaking with Vishal
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    ROM
    LeafRom 0.2

Haha thats funny but no I hate iOS because its so....limited.
    Android all the way

Thanks Ill be reading this and see how can i do this because its a hassle when u have flash boot.img every damn time

It will be worth it, though it took a few tries for me. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App