Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting rid of AT&T and installing any custom ROM

Hi!

I am a 10 hour expert in flashing my HTC One x but now when I have finally got it rooted and unlocked and installed twrp I have run straight into a wall.

So what I have done is installed the CM rom with this guide How to Install CyanogenMod on HTC One X ("endeavoru") - CyanogenMod. Flashing using fastboot and then trying to install it in recovery mode which failed. And now the phone won't go past the HTC Quietly Brilliant. What I want is simply to have a phone that can share its hotspot which obv the AT&T rom would not.

Can someone give me a hand with this point me in the right direction and give me some steps to install the CM or any other custom rom?

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Getting rid of AT&T and installing any custom ROM

When you installed the ROM did you "wipe/factory reset" from recovery? That's a requirement to get you booted and not doing so will yield a boot-loop as you are experiencing.
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Waye View Post
    Hi!

I am a 10 hour expert in flashing my HTC One x but now when I have finally got it rooted and unlocked and installed twrp I have run straight into a wall.

So what I have done is installed the CM rom with this guide How to Install CyanogenMod on HTC One X ("endeavoru") - CyanogenMod. Flashing using fastboot and then trying to install it in recovery mode which failed. And now the phone won't go past the HTC Quietly Brilliant. What I want is simply to have a phone that can share its hotspot which obv the AT&T rom would not.

Can someone give me a hand with this point me in the right direction and give me some steps to install the CM or any other custom rom?
    What recovery are you using? Like srkmagnus said, you have to wipe before flashing the rom. Not the entire internal storage, usually there is a "factory reset" option in recovery. Also, if you have S-ON, you will need to flash the boot.img so the rom will work and not end up in a bootloop.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    What recovery are you using? Like srkmagnus said, you have to wipe before flashing the rom. Not the entire internal storage, usually there is a "factory reset" option in recovery. Also, if you have S-ON, you will need to flash the boot.img so the rom will work and not end up in a bootloop.
    I never used the dedicated a factory reset option when flashing ROMs. I just wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data.
    OP, make sure you select on those four options as you could be deleting something critical to the OS, or the OS itself if you select anything else

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I never used the dedicated a factory reset option when flashing ROMs. I just wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data.
    OP, make sure you select on those four options as you could be deleting something critical to the OS, or the OS itself if you select anything else

the factory reset in TWRP erases those exactly things :P Everything except the sd card so your content is still there after the factory reset.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    the factory reset in TWRP erases those exactly things :P Everything except the sd card so your content is still there after the factory reset.
    I did not know that lol
    Thanks

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan