Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One X plus unrooting

So, I root my HOX+, played around with it and had amazing fun but I would like to return it to stock so I can get the 4.2.2 update.
    So I indoor, locked the bootloader and now besides the fact that I can't update the phone because when it reboots it stays on the bootloader and I have to manually reboot it, it gives me a security warning and I also get a message saying something about a developer version only everyonce in a while. So I'm thankful I didn't brick it but if anybody has an idea on how could I fix this I would really appreciate it.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: HTC One X plus unrooting

Quote Originally Posted by carlosmc1972 View Post
    So, I root my HOX+, played around with it and had amazing fun but I would like to return it to stock so I can get the 4.2.2 update.
    So I indoor, locked the bootloader and now besides the fact that I can't update the phone because when it reboots it stays on the bootloader and I have to manually reboot it, it gives me a security warning and I also get a message saying something about a developer version only everyonce in a while. So I'm thankful I didn't brick it but if anybody has an idea on how could I fix this I would really appreciate it.

Are you using SuperSU? It has an unroot option built in. As for the text, it is displayed because you tampered with it. I believe there is no method to remove it on the One X+ (I know there is one on the One X).
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your response, I did SU and did the unroot that came with it, and it unrooted my phone, I deleted every su file in the system and then I installed a stock recovery and relocked the bootloader. I thought that would be it but everytime I download the OTA it reboots and then goes into the recovery page and that is it. Did I do something wrong?

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by carlosmc1972 View Post
    Thanks for your response, I did SU and did the unroot that came with it, and it unrooted my phone, I deleted every su file in the system and then I installed a stock recovery and relocked the bootloader. I thought that would be it but everytime I download the OTA it reboots and then goes into the recovery page and that is it. Did I do something wrong?

Which recovery did you install?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!