Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Want to install ROM on unlocked AT&T One XL

So I recently bought a factory unlocked HTC One XL and I've been wanting to install a custom rom. Problem is, the firmware is so old I'm afraid of jumping up too high and bricking my brand new phone. So here's the deal, the android version is 4.0.3, HTC Sense version is 4.0, software build I guess is 1.68, hboot is 1.08.0000. Phone has been rooted and basically all AT&T and HTC software was removed before I thought about installing a ROM, don't know if they're useful or not. I'm an *****, what do?

Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Want to install ROM on unlocked AT&T One XL

Welcome to the forums.
    I am not very familiar with HTC devices, but I am trying to recruit some help.

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by JohnXuandou View Post
    So I recently bought a factory unlocked HTC One XL and I've been wanting to install a custom rom. Problem is, the firmware is so old I'm afraid of jumping up too high and bricking my brand new phone. So here's the deal, the android version is 4.0.3, HTC Sense version is 4.0, software build I guess is 1.68, hboot is 1.08.0000. Phone has been rooted and basically all AT&T and HTC software was removed before I thought about installing a ROM, don't know if they're useful or not. I'm an *****, what do?
    Hello there. If the phone was rooted, then it must have a recovery. Do you know if it has a recovery?

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Hello there. If the phone was rooted, then it must have a recovery. Do you know if it has a recovery?

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/
    I know for a fact it's rooted because I have Super User working and everything but I found a program that rooted it for me so it did most of the leg work. If you need to know what kind of recovery it has specifically I'd gladly tell you if I knew how to find out.

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

I know for a fact it's rooted because I have Super User working and everything but I found a program that rooted it for me so it did most of the leg work. If you need to know what kind of recovery it has specifically I'd gladly tell you if I knew how to find out.
    Well, you can boot into recovery from the bootloader menu. Anyways, you might want to upgrade to newer firmware. Is your device S-ON?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well, you can boot into recovery from the bootloader menu. Anyways, you might want to upgrade to newer firmware. Is your device S-ON?
    I tried using your UXToolkit to get S-OFF but I honestly don't think it worked. The program kept giving me errors when it was running.

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

I tried using your UXToolkit to get S-OFF but I honestly don't think it worked. The program kept giving me errors when it was running.
    What were the errors?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

What were the errors?
    Well when it sends the zip it does the zip header checking and such but then says FAILED, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Well when it sends the zip it does the zip header checking and such but then says FAILED, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
    Does it say Failed Error 92?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Does it say Failed Error 92?
    It says remote 32 header error.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

It says remote 32 header error.
    Okay bump that, with the help of Firewater S-OFF I am now S-OFF, so now I just need help with updating my firmware I guess before I move to a custom ROM? If that's wrong please correct me, if it's right any help would be greatly appreciated.