Release date?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Geez people, it's a test unit, don't blowout yer diapers over logos and shell variances. Phonegeek's probably got an early production unit for field testing, NOT a sales sample.

+1!!!

Many times an auto manufacturer will use false body panels or other methods to camouflage a prototype for testing in the real world. After all cosmetics really have no bearing on its performance. What the outside looks like (or feels like) to me is important, but not nearly as important as the guts. I'd rather have an ugly car (or phone) that kicks a$$ then a pretty/sexy/cool looking one that can't perform when needed.

That's just me. I know there are many people out there who just worry about appearances and don't care much about performance.

fungflex

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Two quick questions, 1 easy, 1 hard:

1) When using the device since it doesn't have a physical "settings" button how does the phone handle it when an app still uses the default placement of the settings button?

2) According to HTC's website the AT&T model of the HTC One X lists AWS (1700mhz) 3g/HSPA+ compatibility, can you confirm this is on your spec sheet? Super curious about T-Mobile compatibility.

Thanks!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

1) When using the device since it doesn't have a physical "settings" button how does the phone handle it when an app still uses the default placement of the settings button?

ICS will automatically add a menu button for that. Its smart enough to 'know'.

serotheo

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
ICS will automatically add a menu button for that. Its smart enough to 'know'.

Well.. but can it? See something's do have menu buttons by default in the interfaces, specifically the ICS GApps.. but what will happen with the One X's Hardware buttons? That's why he's asking, I'm assuming.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Well.. but can it? See something's do have menu buttons by default in the interfaces, specifically the ICS GApps.. but what will happen with the One X's Hardware buttons? That's why he's asking, I'm assuming.

You're talking to someone that has a Galaxy Nexus. Whenever an app needs a menu button, ICS adds one.

phonegeek#AC

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

2) According to HTC's website the AT&T model of the HTC One X lists AWS (1700mhz) 3g/HSPA+ compatibility, can you confirm this is on your spec sheet? Super curious about T-Mobile compatibility.

Thanks!

So for number 1 the latest SW we received late last week showed the settings button almost by default on apps even if there is no settings menu in the app. This is much better than when we first got the device and the button would get in the way of the app and you could hide it but with no way to really bring it back. It's much better now but I am sure will get some further tweaks in the coming weeks.

As for number 2 I can't confirm that just yet but I will see if I can find something in the settings, info, etc that will tell me and I'll see if one of my lab contacts can confirm...

PG

serotheo

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
You're talking to someone that has a Galaxy Nexus. Whenever an app needs a menu button, ICS adds one.

Galaxy Nexus has virtual buttons instead of hardware, he asked because the button would normally appear next to the virtual ones already present, so with hardware buttons there'd be theoretically no place for it to appear as those aren't on the screen; doesn't matter now, PhoneGeek resolved the question, the menu button always appears and is dismissable.

phonegeek#AC

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus has virtual buttons instead of hardware, he asked because the button would normally appear next to the virtual ones already present, so with hardware buttons there'd be theoretically no place for it to appear as those aren't on the screen; doesn't matter now, PhoneGeek resolved the question, the menu button always appears and is dismissable.

Sorry if there was confusion. In the first version of the OS we had it was dismissable, the latest we received late last week it is there with most apps and is not dismissable.

This is by no means final as it has changed over the last couple weeks quite a bit so its a work in progress as they try to find a one size fits most approach IMO....

PG

junodragon

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Phonegeek - Will AT&T have an event to annouce the One X like Sprint is doing in April 4? Do you think AT&T will release the phone before Sprint does? The rumor is that Sprint will release the phone on June 10, and you think that AT&T will release the phone mid-May? Last question, will AT&T annouce the release date 2-3 weeks before the actual release date like how they did with the Samsung Galaxy Note?? Thanks Phonegeek for all your help!!!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Actually, ICS was built from the beginning with space for a menu button on screen to replace it, just as I said in my posts. (Which you ignored) There's been several dozen stories written about that across the web, not to mention quite a few posts on here (including mine) with that information.

ICS will automatically add that menu button, and it is not user dismissable. (Or in other words, its persistent) Go read up on the new android style guide for more information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

impulse101

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My galaxy nexus oc'd to 1350 scored 6911, so two thousand points higher than this, so this is not very impressive. My galaxy tab Tegra 2 also scored in the 6000 range....

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, the snapdragon runs on HSPA+ also, correct? Thanks.

Lets put it this way if the smartphone has 3G, then it's going to run HSPA+ "4G" these days. If a carrier actually came out with a smartphone these days without HSPA+, that phone would be an epic fail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad