from iphone to one x!!

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So im looking to move to the one x on launch . So the iPhone has a microsim so I don't need a new one right? So would I just have to call att so they switch my plan to lte?also would they bill me a charge or fee for switching plans and if I buy the phone from someone and not att?

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So im looking to move to the one x on launch . So the iPhone has a microsim so I don't need a new one right? So would I just have to call att so they switch my plan to lte?also would they bill me a charge or fee for switching plans and if I buy the phone from someone and not att?

You should get a lte sim card and need lte data plan.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You should get a lte sim card and need lte data plan.

Not entirely true. Yes, an LTE sim card, but, since the release of the iPad3, AT&T now has LTE microSIM cards. The OP would have to get the LTE microSIM card and compatible LTE data plan, whether it is grandfathered unlimited or tiered plan.

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Would i get billed a fee for getting a lte sim and lte data plan? As i know the 2 gig lte and 2 gig regular hspa+ is the same amount of money

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Would i get billed a fee for getting a lte sim and lte data plan? As i know the 2 gig lte and 2 gig regular hspa+ is the same amount of money

If you goto a AT&T corp store the sim cards are free and there are no fees for changing your rate plan.

FYI if your moving from iPhone 4 or lower to smartphone lte, they are going to remove the 2gb and put you on the 3gb.

Last edited:

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Not entirely true. Yes, an LTE sim card, but, since the release of the iPad3, AT&T now has LTE microSIM cards. The OP would have to get the LTE microSIM card and compatible LTE data plan, whether it is grandfathered unlimited or tiered plan.

That's why I said you should get a new sim card but all of AT&T sims are the same. I compared my iPad 3 micro sim to my iPhone 4s and it's the samething no matter what AT&T says. AT&T just wants you to change your sim every once and awhile due to sim just stop working or not working as well. The sim card only holds your number and the device has the tech and data package tells AT&T the tech you have.

Last edited:

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have an iphone 4s with 2gigs that was activated about 1 month ago. Would they really force me into the 3gb plan?

No, but rules state if your going from 3g to 4g device outside of it's family(iphone to smartphone or blackberry). You cannot retain the classic or grandfather plan. The iPhone 4s is considered a 4g device, so you'll be fine.

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ah its considered 4g cus of hspa+ which is still really 3g. Att i think confuses themselves sonetimes with this 4g marketing bs I better get an lte device soon before thry force me to change to the 3gigs and charge me extra. Thanks for the explanation btw

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ah its considered 4g cus of hspa+ which is still really 3g. Att i think confuses themselves sonetimes with this 4g marketing bs I better get an lte device soon before thry force me to change to the 3gigs and charge me extra. Thanks for the explanation btw

Not a problem. I just can't wait for this phone, not sure why i went back to iPhone :(.

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Not a problem. I just can't wait for this phone, not sure why i went back to iPhone :(.

Exactly ! I had the note for a week. It was honestly tooo damn huge on me I need to be able to use a phone with one hand at least for some basic things. the note required both of my hands which was very annoying to say the least. The one x seems perfect. I prefer the more professional sense, now with ICS and 4.0 sense <3. Also the S4 benchmarking beyond anyone's previous thoughts just is the sugar on top. I cant wait any longer dammit! I'm hoping to find someone trading a One X for the 4S or some cash, or maybe flip the iphone on ebay.

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have another upgrade available on my account but not sure if I want to use it for this phone even though it looks amazing, I just bought the iPhone 4s :( and kinda feel bad using all the upgrades lol.