AT&T Release Date Theory

The Kernel

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey fellow AT&T One X hopefuls,

With the news that AT&T is planning on making the Lumia 900 their biggest phone release ever (April 8 for black and cyan, April 22 for white), it makes sense that the One X was planned for a mid-April release, but has been pushed back to May by AT&T. The carrier decides the release date, not the manufacturer.

My guess is that we won't see the phone on AT&T until May 22 at the earliest. This is due to not wanting to release a highly anticipated Android phone during the Lumia 900 hype, but also for another reason. AT&T has a 30-day swap/return policy where you can switch to another phone within 30 days of upgrading or signing a new contract. I think a release date around May 22 would make sense because the early adopters of the Lumia 900 won't be able to swap out to a premium Android flagship like the One X when it comes out.

My plan? I'm going to snag the white Lumia 900 when it comes out just to try WP, as long as the One X has a release date by then. If WP doesn't completely woo me over, I'm jumping on the One X when it comes out.

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
This makes sense but AT&T doesn't think that much in advance and it's 2 different types of phones, so i doubt that would even be why.

phonegeek#AC

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually giving the testing schedule and when HTC delivered the device to us for testing this was never going to be an April release on AT&T. May was always going to be the target.

PG

The Kernel

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
From an AT&T online sales rep...

"I haven't heard anything official on its release date, though I do understand it's supposed to be launched sometime in the summer."

To me that sounds like June at the earliest.