Android Central's HTC One X review

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
htc-one-x-15.jpg

One X review
You have to check out Phil's great review of the HTC One X. We wondered why he's been so quiet the past few days, and now we know -- he's been playing with new toys. Awesome, quad-core toys from across the pond in fact, as his review unit is none other than the international Tegra 3 version. He goes over everything, in that way only Phil can go over it. Check out the different sections:

I don't want to spoil anything, but it looks like HTC is back with a vengeance and sets the mark for everyone to follow in 2012. The hardware seems to be spectacular, and performs great. We've always wanted to see Sense running on really beefy hardware, and we were impressed. It's speedy, and a real pleasure to use. While some of that is certainly software refinement, it helps to start out with some muscle under the hood.

Of course we had to have a good look at the new camera system HTC is using, with a great set of controls and an all new hardware component to make the camera a real feature instead of an after thought. After seeing some of the pictures you folks can take in our photo contests with older phones and mediocre camera hardware, this is going to be a real treat. This is what has me the most excited about any of the new One phones.

Besides the new hardware and great new camera, there's the whole Sense 4 thingy. It looks like we're going to have to stop hating on Sense, cause this looks pretty darn great. Phil breaks it down, and has built an image gallery full of the details. It certainly looks like HTC has re-focused, and Sense is lighter, faster, and all-around better. Have a read, and see if you agree.

The new HTC One series phones take a micro-SIM card, and that's going to be new for many of us. We've got a great set of instructions and a video to let you know this isn't as scary as it sounds. You could go to the AT&T store and get a new micro-SIM, or you could just chop your own. We chop our own :)

Now the fun part -- we get to discuss, want, and wait it out until the One X shows up on the shelf. Anyone planning on importing an unlocked one? (Anyone besides me, that is :) )

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is probably my next phone. Most of this review will probably apply to the LTE version, too, but I'm really curious to see battery life on LTE.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That phone is so sleek. I'm actually hoping it does come to Virgin Mobile now.

But seeing that the new One series takes a sim card, I'm thinking now....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It has an....FM RADIO!!!! Yes I am actually excited about that. lol..

Since I might actually get a phone on AT&T now that I got a PS Vita...this is definitely in the running.

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This phone is a huge step up coming from a gs2 but a few things are annoying.
The device is a fingerprint magnet, glass and matt black plastic body. It also is very easy to scratch the plastic on the rear. Even a finger nail brushing past leave a permanent scratch but I am ocd about these things.

RocknTroll

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This phone is a huge step up coming from a gs2 but a few things are annoying.
The device is a fingerprint magnet, glass and matt black plastic body. It also is very easy to scratch the plastic on the rear. Even a finger nail brushing past leave a permanent scratch but I am ocd about these things.

I can't see a single fingerprint on the quality matte finish after handling the device for the past few hours (got it today). Wash your hands bredda! :mad:

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't see a single fingerprint on the quality matte finish after handling the device for the past few hours (got it today). Wash your hands bredda! :mad:

When I bought it i was anxious and sweating like a rapist in anticipation.
That and I live in a tropic climate well over a 100f everyday.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze