Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: One X official battery thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    I'm sure there is an immediate reboot button sequence you can depress to get out of freezes, for the One X, yes>?
    Not sure, and neither is HTC support apparently. Ask and they'll tell you to "remove the battery from the device and let it sit for five minutes before reinserting".
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quote Originally Posted by RocknTroll View Post
    Not sure, and neither is HTC support apparently. Ask and they'll tell you to "remove the battery from the device and let it sit for five minutes before reinserting".
    Sleep button held down with volume up, keep holding and you will see the soft keys start to flash, keep holding and then it will reboot.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xonex View Post
    Done my first overnight charge and ran it all day as normal.
    Screen seems to be the battery hog right now but its more using what's app that is causing the screen to be on.

Do you guys think the LCD screens aren't as efficient as the amoled screens?
    Haven't read the other responses bekow... But amoled screens are way more efficient because they actually turn off pixels when the screen is black... LCD's are always on and therefore use more power...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by vsnlweb View Post
    Haven't read the other responses bekow... But amoled screens are way more efficient because they actually turn off pixels when the screen is black... LCD's are always on and therefore use more power...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    That's an oversimplification. It's true that a black pixel on an LCD draws power while a black pixel on an LED (or AMOLED, super AMOLED) doesn't. But that's only half of the story. The LED uses up to 3 times more power than an LCD to power a white pixel.

So, if you just want to show a 100% black screen at all times, the LED will use much less power than the LCD. If you just want to show a white screen at all times, the LCD will use less power. In actual use, you're going to be showing a range of colors on your screen, and it seems that LCD often comes out on top of LED in terms of power consumption when tested under real-world use.

This article from 2010 has the numbers, as well as a lot of other interesting facts when comparing LCD to LED screens: Smartphone Displays - AMOLED vs LCD page2

BTW: Just picked up my One X at the local T-Mobile store here in Austria. It's charging now, and I'm impatiently waiting for the charge indicator to turn from red to green. Shame they can't figure out a way to deliver these things pre-charged. The waiting is killing me.
    Last edited by texinwien; 04-13-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: correct wording
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Maybe it's me but with battery life getting better and better with cell phones, I don't get all this "conditioning of the battery."

Chances are extremely high when you get a new phone, it may already have 50% charge on the battery. Like little kids, the first thing we want to do is play with our new toy. Since we all use our phones differently, whose to say what great battery life should be?

Someone mentioned Temple Run.....love that game. My son just broke 10M. Anyway, for me playing TR all day, it doesn't put a huge dent in my battery.

Sent from my rooted WHITE E4GT via TapaTalk

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

just read this on XDA Developers forum so improvements possible

Lee!!!!

Ive found out where the missing power management options has gone wrong

For some reason HTC misplaced the .apk and put it in /system/bin instead of system/app

You will find it /system/bin/NvCPLSvc.apk and it needs moving to system/app.

For users who already have LeeDroiD installed, use a file manager with root access and move NvCPLSvc.apk from/system/bin to system/app and reboot.
    Possible reason for poor battery life - xda-developers

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

so moving the app actually improves battery life?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

between 10 and 20% apparently. Waiting for HTC to update software rather than doing it myself

can someone tel me bout the battery calibration..?
    I bought one x plus yestday...
    first boot had 30% charge, i drained it till 2 % and then made a full charge till 100%.. now following the below tips religiously..
    not allowing battery drop below 20%,
    will make a full charge of 100% whenever connected to power supplier...

as per the above post of mine, am i doin the rite thing????
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123