Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One X official battery thread.

Done my first overnight charge and ran it all day as normal.
    Screen seems to be the battery hog right now but its more using what's app that is causing the screen to be on.

Do you guys think the LCD screens aren't as efficient as the amoled screens?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One X official battery thread.-img-20120404-wa0001.jpg  

Default Re: One X official battery thread.

Hey thanks for posting this, hopefully you can continue after a few days of use just to see how things progress??

I assume this is the quad-core version we are looking at? I know Phil Nickinson posted the same screen capture and had a longer time showing on the battery and the screen was less than 50% if I recall. Of course that may all change after a few charging cycles
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes. I'll update after a few charge cycles to try to understand why the display eats the juice.
    I have my brightness at the absolute minimum but it still soaks 50 odd %.
    At automatic screen brightness on the first day was taking 67%.

As you can see by the stats, all else seems stable on the battery sapping side.
    Do you guys think maybe the LCD is less energy efficient than the amoled displays?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by xonex View Post
    Yes. I'll update after a few charge cycles to try to understand why the display eats the juice.
    I have my brightness at the absolute minimum but it still soaks 50 odd %.
    At automatic screen brightness on the first day was taking 67%.

As you can see by the stats, all else seems stable on the battery sapping side.
    Do you guys think maybe the LCD is less energy efficient than the amoled displays?
    What is the screen timeout set for?

And I would assume, just based on general technology, that the AMOLED would be a little more energy efficient than the SLCD, but as the tech gets better I think that difference gets less.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,113 Global Posts

??? It's a big display with a lot of pixels. Pretty much on par with what I'm seeing.

Pro tip: Don't do a Google Hangout on 3G. It's murder on the battery.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    ??? It's a big display with a lot of pixels. Pretty much on par with what I'm seeing.

Pro tip: Don't do a Google Hangout on 3G. It's murder on the battery.
    Google Hangout? How about an EVO hangout? Get in there and get us the skinny! Break in if you have to, we'll all post your bail if you get caught. Really we will. We can use the NFC we all have built in to... wait. Nevermind.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Thats not bad stats for a android and the battery is just breaking in, i would like to see the battery after a month.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by onthezone View Post
    Thats not bad stats for a android and the battery is just breaking in, i would like to see the battery after a month.
    It's not as good as Phil's review device. But I would also like to see some updates over the next few weeks. And I'm wondering if he's already conditioned the battery or if this was just charge and go.

That is exactly what I was thinking, if you can get between 12-14 hours under normal/heavy use this is better than most androids on the market.

As long as I can get a full day under normal use I am happy...for me that is in the 15 hour range.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    It's not as good as Phil's review device. But I would also like to see some updates over the next few weeks. And I'm wondering if he's already conditioned the battery or if this was just charge and go.
    From what it sounds like to me, he just got the phone yesterday and did his first full charge.
    Thanked by:
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

SAMOLED is typically not as efficient as LCD on battery. But it's easier to manage how much battery SAMOLED uses, because if you use a lot of black themes or things with black as the background then those pixels never light up, so they don't use battery. So all things being equal LCD should be more efficient, but you can coax SAMOLED into being somewhat battery sipping.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    jroc and BigDinCA like this.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    SAMOLED is typically not as efficient as LCD on battery. But it's easier to manage how much battery SAMOLED uses, because if you use a lot of black themes or things with black as the background then those pixels never light up, so they don't use battery. So all things being equal LCD should be more efficient, but you can coax SAMOLED into being somewhat battery sipping.
    From what i head the original amoled was a battery save screen, but the new super amoled is just the same as a led screen with battery life. I think thats why the nokia lumia 900 has the original amoled display.

ROM
    Stock

From what i head the original amoled was a battery save screen, but the new super amoled is just the same as a led screen with battery life. I think thats why the nokia lumia 900 has the original amoled display.
    The AMOLED is a power saver whenever blacks are displayed because the pixels are just turned off. Each pixel illuminates when needed. That's why they look so damn good. All LCD screens are backlit, meaning the power consumption is constant. In order to get the blacks, the filter the backlight out for those specific pixels but can't shut it off. That's why the blacks aren't as deep on an LCD screen.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    That is exactly what I was thinking, if you can get between 12-14 hours under normal/heavy use this is better than most androids on the market.

As long as I can get a full day under normal use I am happy...for me that is in the 15 hour range.
    And hopefully those of us on Sprint will get a bigger battery! (One hour to go until we find out for sure...)

I hope that gets better. 6.8% discharge rate per hour is horrible.

Was that heavy usage?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Much better today.
    Played over a hour of music and it didn't make the power sucking list.
    Impressive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One X official battery thread.-img-20120405-wa0000.jpg   One X official battery thread.-img-20120405-wa0003.jpg   One X official battery thread.-img-20120405-wa0001.jpg   One X official battery thread.-img-20120405-wa0002.jpg  
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Ended up getting 24 hours on that single charge.
    Simply amazed.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Simply amazed.
    Thats just as good as my iphone right now and it's already broke in, hopefully the LTE doesn't kill the battery too much. lol

Simply amazed.
    Nice good to hear it has improved from when you first posted up .

Took mine off charge earlier this morning at 1030. WiFi on all day. Connected at home & at work.

Used the phone navigation to work (just to test it) journey was about 25mins.

At work, light use: couple of short 1/2min calls, whatsapp, drawsomething.

Used the phone for music in the car on the way home, again about 25mins.

At about 7pm, I got battery low (14% I think it said) warning.

Right now 7:30pm, this is what my battery usage shows.

/Gurraj Singh

HTC One X - Grey (From Launch)
    o2-UK
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Let the battery get settled ^^^^.

My battery is the best thing about the phone.
    I'm getting 24 hours no problems with battery to spare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One X official battery thread.-img-20120410-wa0000.jpg   One X official battery thread.-img-20120410-wa0001.jpg  

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Post Re: One X official battery thread.

How did you condition your battery? Did you let the initial charge run down and then charge from like 0% or something?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I let the initial charge get to 2% and and then gave it a good 12 hour charge.
    It has just gets better with each charge and now its using only 3% of the battery for the 8 hours I slept. It was using 10% a week ago.
    I can tell for sure that the quad core was introduced with battery performance in mind. It eclipses any other android phone I've used, even more frugal than the iPhone 4.

I agree. Easy 24 hours on a single charge, provided I'm not gaming or downloading apps back-to-back. Been using it for five days now and so far so good.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by RocknTroll View Post
    I agree. Easy 24 hours on a single charge, provided I'm not gaming or downloading apps back-to-back. Been using it for five days now and so far so good.
    It's literally changed my life. I know sounds corny but I'm dead serious.
    When running the rooted gs2 with ics, it wouldn't last 12 hours on the same usage that I'm using today.
    My battery was dead 4 night's of the week out of 7 when I got home. Now I'm 24 hours plus with 20-30% remaining when I get home.
    Normally I'm not this easily impressed because I change my phones like underwear. Never keeping a phone longer than 3 months and not a fanboi of any os or brand.
    Quad core seems to sip the juice rather than gulp it.
    jroc likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast