Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default Just got a One X in USA. Impressions/hands-on

    I just got the One X, thanks for the help on the language!

    Anyway. A video will come shortly but here are my initial impressions:

    This thing is LIGHT. I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus and then iPhone 4S. The HTC One X is lighter than both of those.
    The build quality is much better than the Nexus. It's solid. There's no creaking or blemishes anywhere on the device.
    Sense 4 is much more lightweight than previous versions. Either that, or the quad-core really speeds everything up.
    I did not adjust any data settings on the phone and it connected to the AT&T network, though speedtest was unable to run I did download an item and loaded a webpage.
    I really like the lockscreen.
    You cannot uninstall 7Digital, SoundHound, Tune-In, etc. You can only disable them. A bit disappointed in that because Soundhound and TuneIn are apps I have the premium versions of.

    All in all, a great first few hours getting everything setup. I'm as excited for this phone as I've been for any android phone since the EVO.

    UPDATE: Here's the link to the video look:
    Last edited by dwd3885; 04-05-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Video link
    Thanked by 4:
    Air Force One likes this.
  2. #2  
    onthezone's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    Just got the One X in Missouri shipped from Expansys-USA. Question: What language should we select? I'm sure it doesn't really matter but there is no English US. And English UK calls it the 'Play Shop'
    English uk will work.
  3. #3  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    What wireless service are you using?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    What wireless service are you using?
    I'm on AT&T. Ordered from Expansys-USA and it came overnight. I chose English (Ireland) bc it shows Play Store instead of Play Shop... :-)
  5. #5  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Oh man. I didn't think I'd have phone envy, but you better believe I do.

    Maybe I'll get one and put it on Cricket
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Oh man. I didn't think I'd have phone envy, but you better believe I do.

    Maybe I'll get one and put it on Cricket
    i'm going to post photos and my impressions here in a little bit. After I finish setting up. I tried to record a video but this dang iPhone didn't seem like it uploaded to YouTube.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    bcolton's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    I'm on AT&T. Ordered from Expansys-USA and it came overnight. I chose English (Ireland) bc it shows Play Store instead of Play Shop... :-)
    Too funny. I'm about to pull the trigger because I want it unlocked, don't care about battery sucking LTE, and prefer the 32GB memory over 16GB. I'm American as well, but I figure at least I'll learn proper English once and for all. I'd be curious if future updates would support English USA dictionary.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by bcolton View Post
    Too funny. I'm about to pull the trigger because I want it unlocked, don't care about battery sucking LTE, and prefer the 32GB memory over 16GB. I'm American as well, but I figure at least I'll learn proper English once and for all. I'd be curious if future updates would support English USA dictionary.
    Honestly I'm not really concerned about it. I didn't want to wait any longer either. 32gb is a plus. LTE would be nice but HSPA+ is fine for me on my phone for now.
  9. #9  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    Honestly I'm not really concerned about it. I didn't want to wait any longer either. 32gb is a plus. LTE would be nice but HSPA+ is fine for me on my phone for now.
    I know the dualcore is supposed to be nice, but being able to say you have the quadcore one? Priceless.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Honestly, I dont get the need for LTE on a phone. I get 5-6 mbps down on my GS2 and I am never wishing for faster speeds.

    Looking forward to your first impressions, especially about battery life. I am holding off from buying this because I am very concerned that 1850mah is not enough.
    Thanked by:
    dwd3885 likes this.
  11. #11  
    bcolton's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Just curious what color you received. And if you had any connectivity issues connecting to AT&T. I've had issues in the past with different APN settings and use the following from Shoman on XDA. I've read a couple of post where users changed the Fast Dormancy settings. Did you have to do this?

    Settings I've had best luck with:

    Name: ATT 3G SIM
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: 80
    Username: -
    Password: -
    Server: -
    MMSC: -
    MMS Proxy: -
    MMS Port: -
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: -
    APN Type: default,supl,agps, fota, dun
    APN Protocol: ipv4
    Name: ATT MMS
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: -
    Username: -
    Password: -
    Server: -
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: -
    APN Type: mms
    APN Protocol: ipv4
    Name: ATT PHONE
    APN: phone
    Proxy: -
    Port: -
    Username: -
    Password: -
    Server: -
    MMSC: -
    MMS Proxy: -
    MMS Port: -
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: -
    APN Type: default, supl, agps, fota, dun, hipri, internet
    APN Protocol: ipv4
  12. #12  
    dsdxp's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    does the international version support AT&T's HSPA+? The specs only say HSPA..
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by bcolton View Post
    Just curious what color you received. And if you had any connectivity issues connecting to AT&T. I've had issues in the past with different APN settings and use the following from Shoman on XDA. I've read a couple of post where users changed the Fast Dormancy settings. Did you have to do this?

    Settings I've had best luck with:

    Name: ATT 3G SIM
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: 80
    Username: -
    Password: -
    Server: -
    MMSC: -
    MMS Proxy: -
    MMS Port: -
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: -
    APN Type: default,supl,agps, fota, dun
    APN Protocol: ipv4
    Name: ATT MMS
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: -
    Username: -
    Password: -
    Server: -
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: -
    APN Type: mms
    APN Protocol: ipv4
    Name: ATT PHONE
    APN: phone
    Proxy: -
    Port: -
    Username: -
    Password: -
    Server: -
    MMSC: -
    MMS Proxy: -
    MMS Port: -
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: -
    APN Type: default, supl, agps, fota, dun, hipri, internet
    APN Protocol: ipv4
    I just checked. My data is slow in my house but I didn't change anything and I was able to download a few apps and other things.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garment69 View Post
    Honestly, I dont get the need for LTE on a phone. I get 5-6 mbps down on my GS2 and I am never wishing for faster speeds.
    I agree completely. I put an LTE toggle switch on my Rezound homescreen for easy access. But I found that I never turn on the LTE. For me personally, 3G is fine for what I do, and the little boost in speed with LTE isn't worth the battery drain. Besides, half the day, I'm connected to wifi.

    2750 mah battery + no LTE = Charger? What's that??


    -mcskipp
  15. #15  
    sddfdds's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I know the dualcore is supposed to be nice, but being able to say you have the quadcore one? Priceless.
    crzycrkr and dmmarck like this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA. Impressions/hands-on

    Quote Originally Posted by mcskipp View Post
    I agree completely. I put an LTE toggle switch on my Rezound homescreen for easy access. But I found that I never turn on the LTE. For me personally, 3G is fine for what I do, and the little boost in speed with LTE isn't worth the battery drain. Besides, half the day, I'm connected to wifi.

    2750 mah battery + no LTE = Charger? What's that??


    -mcskipp
    And your on Verizon who's 3G is half of what ATT's HSPA+ is. At least half.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA. Impressions/hands-on

    updated with video
    Thanked by 3:
  18. #18  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA. Impressions/hands-on

    Thanks! Did you pick matte over white? If so, why? I'm looking at cases for GN right now and it's between the same choices lol
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA. Impressions/hands-on

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    updated with video
    You might want to go to an ATT store to setup your data connection/ put you in appropriate plan( Apparently, att has different names/plans internally for iphones/ non iphone smartphones. I don't know the details . But if you go to them they can set it up for you )

    I am waiting for the white version to come in stock. Wondering if I might as well wait to see how the att version is !

    1. What firmware version is your phone in ? In xda forums , there is a discussion about ota 1.28.xx . Have you got that ?
    2. How is battery life ? some usage statistics would be also be helpful! Enjoy your one X
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by garment69 View Post
    Honestly, I dont get the need for LTE on a phone. I get 5-6 mbps down on my GS2 and I am never wishing for faster speeds.

    Looking forward to your first impressions, especially about battery life. I am holding off from buying this because I am very concerned that 1850mah is not enough.
    I think the battery is enough.
    When its in sleep mode, it uses very minimal power like I have never seen in another android device.
    I left it uncharged last night and found that in 7 hours it only had used 9%.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Thanks! Did you pick matte over white? If so, why? I'm looking at cases for GN right now and it's between the same choices lol
    Honestly I wanted white at first. But expansys had the grey in stock Tuesday so I wanted one quickly. Grew to love the grey as I knew I ordered that one. Both look very nice though!
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    dwd3885's Avatar

    Posts
    515 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raam89 View Post
    You might want to go to an ATT store to setup your data connection/ put you in appropriate plan( Apparently, att has different names/plans internally for iphones/ non iphone smartphones. I don't know the details . But if you go to them they can set it up for you )

    I am waiting for the white version to come in stock. Wondering if I might as well wait to see how the att version is !

    1. What firmware version is your phone in ? In xda forums , there is a discussion about ota 1.28.xx . Have you got that ?
    2. How is battery life ? some usage statistics would be also be helpful! Enjoy your one X

    I have firmware 1.26

    Not sure about battery. I'll know more after I have a day or two to use it. Pretty much came with 30% charged so I've been charging most of the night
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA. Impressions/hands-on

    Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    I have firmware 1.26

    Not sure about battery. I'll know more after I have a day or two to use it. Pretty much came with 30% charged so I've been charging most of the night
    Post your battery results in the battery thread.
    I'm delighted with the power consumption,especially whilst its sleeping.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA. Impressions/hands-on

    Got a grey One X yesterday from Expansys. Overnight is cheap and easy with them. Anyway, on to the phone. My previous phones since November were a Galaxy Note, before that the GNex, iPhone 4S, RAZR, Rezound, etc....
    Soooo After 1/2 day with the One X, I'm really impressed.
    I'm in the USA and I had the option to select AT&T during the set up. So I got onto the ATT network very easy.
    Sense 4.0 is very well done. The speed and snappiness of the phone is awesome. It's quicker than any of my previous phones.
    The screen is amazing. It looks lke the images are on top of the glass. Great outside at my sons baseball game last night. Best display I have ever seen on a phone.
    The headset volume is perfect and clear. Speaker is loud and clear. I haven't tried Beats Audio yet with headphones.
    The camera is very good. It's the fastest camera I have used on a phone. The photos both indoors and out, are as good as I've seen on a phone.
    The Build quality of the phone is tight. Looks like the old HTC. But this phone is light, but strong. Very well build. Maybe a little slick, but I have to get a better feel for it.
    Battery thus far seems good, I started with 80%, used the crap out of it from 2pm to 9:30pm and had 20% left. So 60% in 7 1/2 hours of solid use is good for me as I am thinking I will get about 12 hours. But, for me I am on the go from 4:30am until 8pm most days. Only my Galaxy Note would get me through those long days. I have the ability to plug in most of the time, so it's not a major deal breaker if I can't get more than 12.

    Overall I am in love with his phone. Well done HTC
    Last edited by JOHNGAETANO; 04-06-2012 at 02:42 AM.
    xonex likes this.
  25. #25  
    Droid_Evo_8's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Just got a One X in USA

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Oh man. I didn't think I'd have phone envy, but you better believe I do.

    Maybe I'll get one and put it on Cricket
    Traitor. Hahahaha. I kid, I kid.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B