Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RocknTroll
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth not working

It simply won't turn on. Anyone else experience this? Any idea on how to fix?

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Bluetooth not working

Try reloading the original firmware.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, a factory reset was all that was needed.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok, I know now what caused the issue - enabling internal storage encryption. Anyone care to try that to confirm?
    Thanked by:
    hegdesaspect likes this.

I can confirm i have exactly the same issue. after encrypting phone and storage which i have to do for my work's active sync policy, bluetooth no longer works

after a factory reset it works..then as i add active sync and adhere to the policies (encyption) bluetooth stops working again

Man they need to fix this....did you report this as a bug?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by nick.m.harris1 View Post
    I can confirm i have exactly the same issue. after encrypting phone and storage which i have to do for my work's active sync policy, bluetooth no longer works

after a factory reset it works..then as i add active sync and adhere to the policies (encyption) bluetooth stops working again

Man they need to fix this....did you report this as a bug?
    Did I ever! I described this issue in greater detail on XDA too. Waiting to hear owners' replies.

Bluetooth incompatibility with internal storage encryption - xda-developers

my HTC One X worked fine on bluetooth in my BMW M6 until two weeks ago when it simply quit working on the car's bluetooth; I deleted each device from each other and attempted in vain to pair... now the phone claims the car rejects it? All other bluetooth devices work with the car and BMW confirms nothing wrong on that end.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

Had a problem pairing in a noisy garage once. Electronic noise from equipment in the garage. I could pair anywhere else but in that garage.

Tune the am radio off station and if you hear lots of loud noise, not just the usual static, it can prevent pairing.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No problems here. Bt works just fine playing music,answering calls,etc. On my one x w/ my lg tone headphones.

I have problems of Bluetooth,I can't send,also can't received,then if I send,it will shows the message that the file was sent,but the other phone was not receive it,if anybody can assist me, I will be very happy.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RocknTroll View Post
    It simply won't turn on. Anyone else experience this? Any idea on how to fix?

This looks like the case with Samsung Galaxy S4 too. When I remove encryption, the bluetooth works fine. I have posted a detailed question on this forum, but I cant paste the link as I have very less post count.

Its good that HTC fixed it. No clue when Samsung is going to fix it.