Gorilla Glass or Gorilla Glass 2?

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if either the HTC One X or HTC One S is equiped with the original gorilla glass or with the newer stronger gorilla glass 2?

Sites like gsmarena lists gorilla glass but I faintly remember hearing about gorilla glass 2...

Anyone know for sure?

Jerome86

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just how strong is Gorilla Glass 2 anyways? Pretty phone but I always like a case. Something with a raise lip keep glass from contacting surface in case of a fall. Any idea of any good cases?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Gorilla Glass 2 isn't any stronger than the original, it's just thinner and more transparent.

Same strength and thinner = stronger in my book.

FAQS

HOW IS CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS 2 DIFFERENT?
Gorilla Glass 2 can be up to 20 percent thinner than the original, but still just as tough.

But "tough" is a (deliberately) vague word. I've seen Corning claim gg2 is just as scratch resistant as gg. But because its thinner, one could speculate it might be more breakable with pressure or bending. But with words like "tough" tossed around its hard to know exactly what they mean.

This PDF gives some numbers for various interpretations of the word "tough" as it applies to gg2, but I can't find the equivalent spec sheet for gg so comparisons are hard to make.