WIFI Receiver Report - Excellent, So Far

texinwien

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I continue to be impressed by this new phone. In addition to excellent mobile signal reception I reported earlier (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...dio-call-quality-report-excellent-so-far.html), I'm also getting much better WIFI reception than I've had in the past. On my previous WIFI-enabled phones (Galaxy S 4G, HTC Sensation 4G), I was unable to get a solid connection to my WIFI router from the patio outside my flat. WIFI calls dropped out consistently as soon as I walked out onto my patio. (Perversely, this meant that I had to stand on my patio to get good mobile reception, but I had to stay in the flat to get a good WIFI connection).

I'm getting 3 'bars' of WIFI signal on my patio with the HTC One X - enough to play hiqh quality YouTube videos with no buffering or stuttering.

This thing is magic...

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine finds wifi routers quite far away, (much farther than any of my other devices). Some I can even connect to, as long as I turn off that option to automatically switch to a stronger wifi in the settings.

That being said, there is no standard for the number of wifi bars shown, so unless you install something like Wifi Analyzer which reports signal strength in decibels (lower is better), don't get all happy with the number of bars.

And keep your eye out for this problem. I still have problems with this occasionally. I'm using an ABG router, and may have to update to something newer if this problem doesn't solve itself.