1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HDR Camera mode - Sorta Works.

I've complained in another thread that the HDR mode in the One X camera is sort of a let down compared to HDR Camera+ (), but since that app is not yet compatible with the One X, (reboots the phone) I ran some test shots to show the difference.

The HDR mode does not pull out the deep shadow detail as well as HDR Camera+. But it can tone down the overly bright areas to an acceptable level.

Below are some shots of a Baseball Stadium (Safeco). The sun was coming over the south wall, and making the high seats on the far side all washed out.

Turning on the HDR mode, you can see below that it was much better, but still missing that great saturation of a typical HDR shot.

At least you can see the seats on the far side in the sun.

This next shot was done on my old Nexus One using HDR Camera+. Its not nearly as good of a camera as the ONE X, but the app does a much better job of stitching 3 (not 2) images together to bring out the colors.

P.S. None of these images are full resolution, either here or on photobucket where they are stored. I tried to resize them to be roughly equal.
    Last edited by icebike; 04-14-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Default Re: HDR Camera mode - Sorta Works.

Yeah. Guess I'll do a post on the front page this week. (Been testing for a little while now.) But you'll want a third-party HDR app.

Disappointing.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HDR Camera mode - Sorta Works.

Follow up:

The HDR Camera+ app was update on April 15, and it no longer reboots the HTC One X.

Still not convinced it works properly though. Pictures are grainy and unsharp with Camera+.