1.28 for Americans

tschwind04

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, frequent reader... Passive poster

I have the HTC One X GSM. I heard the news of a 1.28 update and I was wondering how I would receive that update while using AT&T.

Do I have to download it? Or would it just be pushed to my phone via HTC?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Phil Nickinson

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using this phone on AT&T and I just went to Software Update from thet Settings>About page and was able to download the update OTA.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Still stuck on 1.26.

It seems to matter where you bought your International version. I can't seem to induce an OTA.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually trying to figure out what region my phone is for. I ordered it from Expansys USA, it shipped from the UK (?), and when I got it I didn't have any options for US or UK English. I only have English for Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.

What region is this? Who knows when I will get an update.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is from the same market area as yours. Same country list. I got mine from Negri Electronics in Vegas.

Came with a funk charger that requires an adapter for US outlets.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
@ Tom S and icebike - I too have a One X from the same region, and like icebike mine came from negri. I have checked multiple times including just now and I have no updates ><. Makes me sad that no phone, not International or Nexus get updates at the same time. But I do love this phone!!

also, I'm on 1.19 and I thought I had read someplace that 1.19 was broken and couldn't be updated? anyone know of any truth to this?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
How did you get 1.19? I got first day ship from Negri. It was 1.26.

Something ain't right here.

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
when I go to Settings > About > Software Information under Software Number it is 1.19.707.1

I have done 1 factory reset to try to get 1.26 to get pushed to my phone, but no luck. I have been told that I need to go find the 707 Rom to get 1.26. Maybe there is something broken in 1.19 and it won't update :confused:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Its been my experience with 4 or 5 different android devices that no amount of factory resets or reboots will trigger an OTA. Yours comes when your number is up, and just about nothing will get you to the front of the line other than a sideload.

stinch182

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi all I got my update through this morning. Mine is a UK phone unlocked handset from phones4u . Any one got an idea what the update fixes or adds ?
Adam

slowmomomo

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Any news on this update?
I also have the same language options as Tom S., but I got the phone in Tailand.
Although I have some services preinstalled from Singtel (phone provider from singapore),I got the phone without a contract.
Still there is no update showing up for my One X (running 1.26.707.4).
Is there a way to force the update to 1.28? my homescreen sometimes has to restart (showing "...Loading") when I return from a program.
Battery life could also use an improvement.

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm in China and also still stuck on 1.26. I was hoping China would get some love from HTC, considering how popular it is here, but nothing yet. I can't say I've had the phone long enough to really experience all the bugs, but it's always nice to know your phone is up to date.

How do updates get pushed out? Does it depend on your carrier, or the country you are in?

slowmomomo

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok. The update just came through.
Just a tip: don't keep the phone on the charger while updating... mine stopped during the process untill I unplugged it. After that the one x resumed the update.
Now I will look if I got some improvements....

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
No sooner had your post come through than my update arrived.

I have yet to see any significant improvement.

In fact my wifi connectivity problem is worse. It won't even stay connected with static ips anymore. Immediate disconnects and reconnects in a loop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX