Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyone think att might do a double data promotion or anything like it? The five gig one should be enough, but last month I used 8 gigs on Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Worth switching to AT&T for?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Anyone think att might do a double data promotion or anything like it? The five gig one should be enough, but last month I used 8 gigs on Verizon.

I believe they just updated their data plans in January, so I'd say its unlikely. Though $10/GB is not that bad I guess. If they did a double data promotion with their current offerings they'd take a lot of Verizon's customers.

6GB for $30 would be awesome
    10GB for $50 would be even better.

I'd give up unlimited in a second for the 6GB plan if they did that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    I believe they just updated their data plans in January, so I'd say its unlikely. Though $10/GB is not that bad I guess. If they did a double data promotion with their current offerings they'd take a lot of Verizon's customers.

6GB for $30 would be awesome
    10GB for $50 would be even better.

I'd give up unlimited in a second for the 6GB plan if they did that.
    Me too. The only thing giving me pause about switching is the unlimited I have now, and knowing how quickly LTE burns through megabytes.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    Me too. The only thing giving me pause about switching is the unlimited I have now, and knowing how quickly LTE burns through megabytes.

I don't if this phone is worth loosing Verizon Unlimited. You actually get truly unlimited LTE data, for now anyway. I wish I had truly unlimited with LTE. Maybe Verizon will get a variant of the One X?

I just can't see giving up unlimited data today no matter what. I'd hold onto that for as long as you can. :/
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't if this phone is worth loosing Verizon Unlimited. You actually get truly unlimited LTE data, for now anyway. I wish I had truly unlimited with LTE. Maybe Verizon will get a variant of the One X?

I just can't see giving up unlimited data today no matter what. I'd hold onto that for as long as you can. :/
    This is the eternal dilemma haha. On one hand unlimited is awesome and needed for LTE. On the other, it leaves you pretty stuck if the carrier doesn't have the most up to date handsets. (see: Verizon's current lineup) I'm hopeful a One X variant will come to Verizon, but I'm not optimistic.

On another note: I went to my AT&T store and they had a one x on display. It is as close to a perfect smartphone that you can find on the market. The screen is absolutely incredible, it's crazy fast, and the camera is amazing. The only issue I have with it is the limited storage and limited data plans. This is going to be a you decision!

EDIT: So I just went through my bills for the last 6 months on Verizon, and after eliminating a month that was an outlier at 13.5 gb of usage, I've averaged about 4.6 gb a month. That would make the 5 gig plan doable, but it would be a bit more expensive. (its a tradeoff, because I get a bigger corporate discount at AT&T.) I would also have to be REALLY careful to make sure WIFI is on and used when its available.
    Last edited by Droid800; 04-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.

ROM
    Tiamat_Evo-v4 1.0+

Back on topic.

Ill most likely be switching. I have Sprint by the way.

My finacee has AT&T and it's gets really good coverage, my Sprint coverage is really good here too, but once we start traveling it's a whole different story. My Sprint coverage sucks, lol. Also AT&T has LTE here in LA, Sprint doesn't and won't for a long time. I do like Sprints unlimited everything data and low cost plan. I will miss that solely. What does AT&T offer similiar?

Anyways. I prefer the look of the One X over Evo 4G LTE, reason why I'm switching. Plus ill have LTE already too. Now about getting a good / low cost data plan...

I can only speak for myself, but I agree with most of you folks about this phone. The caveats, as we all know, are the small storage and potential scratches on the camera lens, along with the small battery for those of us in LTE areas, which we are here in SF.

Personally I want to wait until more people on this forum get their One X and report back where battery life and other issues may surface. I think it's the COOLEST phone I've seen yet and blows away any of the Samsung phones, especially the quality of the build. I am SO ready to dump Apple and this slug I carry around not to mention the tiny 3.5" screen.. I'm so over the whole Apple eco-system whose slogan seems to be, "How much $$ can we squeeze out of customers??" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I agree with most of you folks about this phone. The caveats, as we all know, are the small storage and potential scratches on the camera lens, along with the small battery for those of us in LTE areas, which we are here in SF.

Personally I want to wait until more people on this forum get their One X and report back where battery life and other issues may surface. I think it's the COOLEST phone I've seen yet and blows away any of the Samsung phones, especially the quality of the build. I am SO ready to dump Apple and this slug I carry around not to mention the tiny 3.5" screen.. I'm so over the whole Apple eco-system whose slogan seems to be, "How much $$ can we squeeze out of customers??" LOL
    Exactly. I was gonna buy on Sunday but now I think I'll wait out more reviews. I'm pretty much over the small storage but whats got me very concerned now is WiFi.

Anyway, to stay on topic, AT&T really has turned themselves around and they are slowly starting to shake their not so good reputation.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exactly. I was gonna buy on Sunday but now I think I'll wait out more reviews. I'm pretty much over the small storage but whats got me very concerned now is WiFi.

Anyway, to stay on topic, AT&T really has turned themselves around and they are slowly starting to shake their not so good reputation.
    I am very tempted, but I will probably wait as well. The difference is only $7 between att and Verizon, but I'd get tethering with att too.

Won't hurt waiting to see if there are any issues that need fixing before I plunk money down for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123