Worth switching to AT&T for?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Part of me wants to troll back. The rest of me is afraid of Cory.

Droid800 -- drop the attitude, kid. Really.

There is no trolling. Period. I got attacked for offering up a different point of view of att in my area and none of you did a damn thing about it. Instead that kid was allowed to continue attacking me, and now I'm the one getting disciplined by moderators for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Again, drop the attitude kid. I am very much interested in the One X, as a matter of fact. And FYI, in many parts of the country At&t DOES still struggle with data speeds, and my area is one of them despite having LTE. If you'll actually read (tough for you, I know) my post was a response to another saying how bad the drop off was on Verizon. In my area, the drop off on att is worse.

So you are interested in a phone that is exclusive to AT&T which you state is the worse carrier in your next of the woods. Sounds like a troll to me, but hey what do I know I'm just a kid.

Or maybe I might actually have more then 15 years in the telecom/IT sector have various certs and a degree that you don't.

There are a lot of smart people that post on these forums and have a lot of knowledge that you don't. A little bit of respect goes a long way. Unfortunate that you just come off as a ignorant fan boy with little to offer.

lotalota

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm dumping my Verizon unlimited plan for a One X with AT&T. I hope I don't regret it, but I get terrible Verizon service in my building and my BB is constantly searching for service. 50 hours a week with no service is no good, and I switched because I know we get good AT&T service inside.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have unlimited with AT&T and I must admit I'm very tempted to switching to the 5GB plan so I can tether but what's nice for us folks with AT&T unlimited is the threshold to which we get throttled gets moved up to 5GB, of course no ability to tether.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So you are interested in a phone that is exclusive to AT&T which you state is the worse carrier in your next of the woods. Sounds like a troll to me, but hey what do I know I'm just a kid.

Apparently you haven't been paying attention. I am in one of att's LTE markets, which is why I'm interested in it. The entire discussion of their 3g speeds started with a comparison between their speeds and Verizon's.

Or maybe I might actually have more then 15 years in the telecom/IT sector have various certs and a degree that you don't.

And? That doesn't mean diddly squat.

There are a lot of smart people that post on these forums and have a lot of knowledge that you don't. A little bit of respect goes a long way. Unfortunate that you just come off as a ignorant fan boy with little to offer.
Right back at you.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've created a monster :eek:

To get back on topic, I ultimately decided to make the switch. This device is looking too good to stay on Verizon. I'm pretty disappointed and generally unhappy with Verizon and how they decide to handle new devices. Unless it's a DROID branded device they don't really care. And it's gotten quite old. They pass on great hardware or change it altogether just for the sake of being distinct. In the end, phone junkies like myself lose.

I'm not a huge fan of AT&T/their network, but they've recently been showing strong support for Android since their iPhone exclusivity disappeared. Verizon is almost the opposite, it seems.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

To get back on topic, I ultimately decided to make the switch. This device is looking too good to stay on Verizon. I'm pretty disappointed and generally unhappy with Verizon and how they decide to handle new devices. Unless it's a DROID branded device they don't really care. And it's gotten quite old. They pass on great hardware or change it altogether just for the sake of being distinct. In the end, phone junkies like myself lose.

I'm not a huge fan of AT&T/their network, but they've recently been showing strong support for Android since their iPhone exclusivity disappeared. Verizon is almost the opposite, it seems.

Rabble rabble rabble.

I'm going to wait until I can play with one in a store before I make my decision. The lumia 900 is pretty nice too, but its got its own issues.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Rabble rabble rabble.

Glad to hear it. Which data plan you going to go with? So I'm assuming you're gonna do this May 6th? One good thing with AT&T is that you get unlimited Mobile to ANY Mobile network, with unlimited text, so you'll never use up your minutes.

Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, the AT&T network has come a LONG way over the past 2 or 3 years and especially since our iPhone friends have two other networks to choose from.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone think att might do a double data promotion or anything like it? The five gig one should be enough, but last month I used 8 gigs on Verizon.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone think att might do a double data promotion or anything like it? The five gig one should be enough, but last month I used 8 gigs on Verizon.

I believe they just updated their data plans in January, so I'd say its unlikely. Though $10/GB is not that bad I guess. If they did a double data promotion with their current offerings they'd take a lot of Verizon's customers.

6GB for $30 would be awesome
10GB for $50 would be even better.

I'd give up unlimited in a second for the 6GB plan if they did that.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I believe they just updated their data plans in January, so I'd say its unlikely. Though $10/GB is not that bad I guess. If they did a double data promotion with their current offerings they'd take a lot of Verizon's customers.

6GB for $30 would be awesome
10GB for $50 would be even better.

I'd give up unlimited in a second for the 6GB plan if they did that.

Me too. The only thing giving me pause about switching is the unlimited I have now, and knowing how quickly LTE burns through megabytes.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Me too. The only thing giving me pause about switching is the unlimited I have now, and knowing how quickly LTE burns through megabytes.

I don't if this phone is worth loosing Verizon Unlimited. You actually get truly unlimited LTE data, for now anyway. I wish I had truly unlimited with LTE. Maybe Verizon will get a variant of the One X?

I just can't see giving up unlimited data today no matter what. I'd hold onto that for as long as you can. :/

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't if this phone is worth loosing Verizon Unlimited. You actually get truly unlimited LTE data, for now anyway. I wish I had truly unlimited with LTE. Maybe Verizon will get a variant of the One X?

I just can't see giving up unlimited data today no matter what. I'd hold onto that for as long as you can. :/

This is the eternal dilemma haha. On one hand unlimited is awesome and needed for LTE. On the other, it leaves you pretty stuck if the carrier doesn't have the most up to date handsets. (see: Verizon's current lineup) I'm hopeful a One X variant will come to Verizon, but I'm not optimistic.

On another note: I went to my AT&T store and they had a one x on display. It is as close to a perfect smartphone that you can find on the market. The screen is absolutely incredible, it's crazy fast, and the camera is amazing. The only issue I have with it is the limited storage and limited data plans. This is going to be a you decision!

EDIT: So I just went through my bills for the last 6 months on Verizon, and after eliminating a month that was an outlier at 13.5 gb of usage, I've averaged about 4.6 gb a month. That would make the 5 gig plan doable, but it would be a bit more expensive. (its a tradeoff, because I get a bigger corporate discount at AT&T.) I would also have to be REALLY careful to make sure WIFI is on and used when its available.

Last edited:

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Back on topic.

Ill most likely be switching. I have Sprint by the way.

My finacee has AT&T and it's gets really good coverage, my Sprint coverage is really good here too, but once we start traveling it's a whole different story. My Sprint coverage sucks, lol. Also AT&T has LTE here in LA, Sprint doesn't and won't for a long time. I do like Sprints unlimited everything data and low cost plan. I will miss that solely. What does AT&T offer similiar?

Anyways. I prefer the look of the One X over Evo 4G LTE, reason why I'm switching. Plus ill have LTE already too. Now about getting a good / low cost data plan...

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I can only speak for myself, but I agree with most of you folks about this phone. The caveats, as we all know, are the small storage and potential scratches on the camera lens, along with the small battery for those of us in LTE areas, which we are here in SF.

Personally I want to wait until more people on this forum get their One X and report back where battery life and other issues may surface. I think it's the COOLEST phone I've seen yet and blows away any of the Samsung phones, especially the quality of the build. I am SO ready to dump Apple and this slug I carry around not to mention the tiny 3.5" screen.. I'm so over the whole Apple eco-system whose slogan seems to be, "How much $$ can we squeeze out of customers??" LOL :cool:

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I can only speak for myself, but I agree with most of you folks about this phone. The caveats, as we all know, are the small storage and potential scratches on the camera lens, along with the small battery for those of us in LTE areas, which we are here in SF.

Personally I want to wait until more people on this forum get their One X and report back where battery life and other issues may surface. I think it's the COOLEST phone I've seen yet and blows away any of the Samsung phones, especially the quality of the build. I am SO ready to dump Apple and this slug I carry around not to mention the tiny 3.5" screen.. I'm so over the whole Apple eco-system whose slogan seems to be, "How much $$ can we squeeze out of customers??" LOL :cool:

Exactly. I was gonna buy on Sunday but now I think I'll wait out more reviews. I'm pretty much over the small storage but whats got me very concerned now is WiFi.

Anyway, to stay on topic, AT&T really has turned themselves around and they are slowly starting to shake their not so good reputation.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I was gonna buy on Sunday but now I think I'll wait out more reviews. I'm pretty much over the small storage but whats got me very concerned now is WiFi.

Anyway, to stay on topic, AT&T really has turned themselves around and they are slowly starting to shake their not so good reputation.

I am very tempted, but I will probably wait as well. The difference is only $7 between att and Verizon, but I'd get tethering with att too.

Won't hurt waiting to see if there are any issues that need fixing before I plunk money down for it.